Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

ZHPMafia.com is now Forum Runner enabled

Just another tool so that you can enjoy your ZHPMafia.com experience. Thanks, Jon, for making the suggestion.

See official announcement here.

I already purchased and am test driving it as I write this so I can see whether I like this better than Tapatalk.

So far, I like the message push with Forum Runner, but I like the UI and usability of Tapatalk better.

I'll give it a few days...

Mark- in looking at some of the online reviews, some people with ipads and admin responsibilities seem to prefer Forum runner. Might be worth checking out.
    Last edited by kayger12; 12-29-2010 at 09:57 AM.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Absolutely. I am going to install it on my iPad. Will let you know what I think of it.

The addition of Forum Runner gives the users of ZHP Mafia yet another way to enjoy the site.

Can't lose.

Thanks, Keith.

Thank you sir..
    Jon D -- 04 330cic Imola Red ZHP Vert -- Active Autowerke Exhaust, Software remap & Strut Bar, K&N filter, custom stereo[Alpine head unit (CDA105) w/Sirius Radio, Iphone integration & Alpine amp (PDX-5), Hertz speakers (165.3 F, 130.3R), JL Sub(CS110RG -W 1v2)], Color match grills, tint all around for when the tops up, custom painted 135s

Other Cars
    2014 Audi SQ5 2015 GMC Canyon All Terrain

Quote Originally Posted by Jon D
    Thank you sir..
    I like this better than tapatalk-- at least for iPad. It's a game changer for me.

Yes I like it on the iPad and iPhone it's easy to use.
    Jon D -- 04 330cic Imola Red ZHP Vert -- Active Autowerke Exhaust, Software remap & Strut Bar, K&N filter, custom stereo[Alpine head unit (CDA105) w/Sirius Radio, Iphone integration & Alpine amp (PDX-5), Hertz speakers (165.3 F, 130.3R), JL Sub(CS110RG -W 1v2)], Color match grills, tint all around for when the tops up, custom painted 135s

Other Cars
    2014 Audi SQ5 2015 GMC Canyon All Terrain

So far, for Android at least, I think Tapatalk is the better tool.

I also might not be finding some tools/features, though.

With Tapatalk, I like the UI where I have the option of seeing just unread threads, or just threads in which I've participated (regardless of forum). Is there a similar feature on FR that I'm not seeing?
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

With the iPad application, I have a "current" view, which allows me to see active forums from this morning.

I also have a "forums" view, which gives me the entire view of the forum. I hit refresh and it lights up the icon, telling me which forum has a new post.

So here is the biggest difference between tapatalk and forumrunner: forumrunner is an iPad application whereas tapatalk is optimized for iPhone. I get the entire screen to work with on iPad. What's more, I really enjoy the navigation features of forumrunner.

It would be a tossup if there was a tapatalk iPad app.

Seemed like FR was a great option for the ipad from the reviews I read. The Android app is definitely less convenient to use than Tapatalk.

Tapatalk gives you one page access to unread posts. With FR, I have to look for the highlighted forum (indicating new post), click into the forum, then click into the subforum where applicable, and then finally click into the thread-- way too many steps- that's a deal breaker for me.

Ttalk also gives me that one page list of posts in which I've participated which is a nice way of tracking a thread as well.

I'll keep FR on the phone though, hopefully they'll improve with subsequent software updates.

Glad it's working out well for your ipad--
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast