Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

50mm f/1.8 E vs D vs G

Opinions needed here.

Looking at picking up a 50mm f/1.8, because I see the prices and they are cheap.

I can pick up a f1.8 E for around $50 used, but of course I'm going to have to use manual focus. I don't know what's the difference between the E and D

Is it worth the money to get something that's manual focus only or should I just wait til the funds are in place for a G?

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

Nikon D3100

Sent using mental telepathy

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

I have a D40 and got the 35mm f1.8 AF-S DX for less than $200. I like the Af feature. I guess it depends on how you plan to use it and how good eye is. Try this string and see if it helps you with the 50mm question http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...5401&q=18&qf=m

Or poke around in the Nikon Lens forum: http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/forum.asp?forum=1030

Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    I have a D40 and got the 35mm f1.8 AF-S DX for less than $200. I like the Af feature. I guess it depends on how you plan to use it and how good eye is. Try this string and see if it helps you with the 50mm question http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...;q=18&qf=m

Or poke around in the Nikon Lens forum: http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/forum.asp?forum=1030
    Ill read up...thanks.

I own a 35 f/1.8 already. I do enjoy the autofocus. Just thought the price was pretty nice

You need AF-S though, no?

$215. 00 is the lowest I've seen in a while. The lowest I've seen is $192.00.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    You need AF-S though, no?

$215. 00 is the lowest I've seen in a while. The lowest I've seen is $192.00.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    I need that to autofocus, yes...but I can still run a E or D lens and manual focus

Quote Originally Posted by M0nk3y View Post
    I need that to autofocus, yes...but I can still run a E or D lens and manual focus

OK. I wisk I could get away with that.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    OK. I wisk I could get away with that.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    You should be able too as well...your body is no different

I swear someone told me I had to get AF-S? Maybe not.....I'll read up on it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast