Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yes. They aren't there.... However I am not entirely familiar with the setup has.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by kerunt View Post
    So, some news: when I took the strut bar off, I took off the little bolts + plates which held the camber plates in place (I had no idea what these were and thought they were part of the strut bar). Today I went down to put these plates back on, and noticed that the struts had moved quite a bit. Went to my mechanic (needed an oil change anyways), they raised the car and the wheels simply dropped down. Struts were completely loose. They didn't move around much when the car was on the ground, but could have easily fallen out altogether if the front wheels caught any air over railroad tracks or something. The guys were pretty amazed that I was still alive and car uncrashed. Anyways, put the plates back in, now I need to do an alignment and should be golden. Lack of knowledge on my part is what led to this, but no permanent issues, so all is well.
    Glad to hear you got it figured out. That could have been nasty if you had hit big enough bump or pothole!

Barry

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Yes. They aren't there.... However I am not entirely familiar with the setup has.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Ya, same here. Once he mentioned that the struts weren't secured at the top that's when I got to wondering just where are the tops of the strut shafts and what are they mounted to? Good thing they caught it when they did.

MrMaico is spot on - the little plates that are part of the installed camber adjustment kit are missing in my pics above; these were the ones I took off without realizing what they were.

Quote Originally Posted by kerunt View Post
    MrMaico is spot on - the little plates that are part of the installed camber adjustment kit are missing in my pics above; these were the ones I took off without realizing what they were.
    Oh Shiiiiiiii....................
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Last year I did a lot of thinking and reading about camber plates for the E46. Those looks like the UUC or SPC/Eibach camber plates.

UUC plates

SPC/Eibach plates

The little plates I had taken off do have the SPC logo on them. They are the smallest, round plates with 4 holes. I think I have the bottom kit of the two you posted.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12