Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Car staying in 5th gear.

ok so I just took my car out with haven't driven it in a few weeks and I started it up to let it warm up a bit and noticed on my dash about 1/4 inch to the left of the (D) drive light an (!) with a ring around it lite up. then i put it in drive and it seemed to be in a high gear and won't shift out. I didn't take it to far just around the block and can't get it to shift out. The reason I think its 5th is because I put it in manual to try and shift it out myself and the number 5 shows up and when i manually shift the number changes but the car itself doesn't. It never shifted weird before, so I'm not sure whats going on. Anyone know?

zhp automatic, silver cube, smoked markers, led tail lights, remote start, tinted windows, full leather, blacked out kidney grilles

Meric Guest
    I think its time for you to change your tranny fluid.

Auto = Change tranny fluid....and do filter kit.

http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E46-330...ion/ES2523327/

Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

would this have anything to do with not driving it for a few weeks? It drove fine before that.

zhp automatic, silver cube, smoked markers, led tail lights, remote start, tinted windows, full leather, blacked out kidney grilles

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny330zhp View Post
    would this have anything to do with not driving it for a few weeks? It drove fine before that.
    How many miles on the tranny?
    It sitting like that could mean sediment or other crap stuck in the fluid bunching up when sitting. Then when the car gets used, it probably picks up all that gunk and distributes it in higher concentration from it sitting for a while. It's a possibility.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

well on the car it has 147,000, I'm guessing thats whats on the tranny as well.

well on the car it has 147,000, I'm guessing thats whats on the tranny as well.
    Yeah... That fluid should have been replaced at 100k miles.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I need to call the guy I bought it from, I know before I picked it up he changed oil, water pump, pulleys, front tires and I think thats it so. Im hoping its nothing to crazy. I've never bought such a high milage car so I feel like I'm walking on egg shells

I need to call the guy I bought it from, I know before I picked it up he changed oil, water pump, pulleys, front tires and I think thats it so. Im hoping its nothing to crazy. I've never bought such a high milage car so I feel like I'm walking on egg shells
    May also get lucky with a tranny flush, by someone reputable.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

Yea he did give me the new Batt when I had that lil problem few weeks back when I first got the car so who knows. ughh I just hate this feeling

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast