Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Who all got your second tail light recall letter?

I just got my official "we got parts so make an appointment" letter.

Which dealer to go to now. I may go to the one that deals with Ferrari and Maserati so I can stay entertained when waiting.

"I don't care if the door gaps are straight. When the driver steps on the gas I want him to sheet his pant's." Enzo Ferrari

I got my recall letter a while ago, but not my we got parts letter.

I just got a second recall letter today for the Tail Light malfunction. I was hoping that it would be for the Xenon headlights when I saw it. I thought it was really odd that they would send a second letter. My dealer had my car fixed a week after I got the first letter a few months ago.
    2003 Mystic Blue 330i ZHP 6 MT

born in germany | delivered to baltimore | spent time in texas | resides in utah
    aFe ProDry S Air Filter | Dinan Stage 1 Software | H&R 27mm Front Sway Bar
    Bridgestone RE760 | StopTech Street Performance Pads
    BMW OEM Clear Corners & Side Markers | Ziza LED Light Kit | AL Bi-Xenon Retrofit | BSW Soundplicity iPod Integration

I didn't get any letters at all (know about the recall, though), but I also bought my car used (although from a dealer), so BMW probably doesn't know who/where I am. Do I need to register myself with BMW NA or something?

The recall is for sedans only your coupe is ok.

"I don't care if the door gaps are straight. When the driver steps on the gas I want him to sheet his pant's." Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by kerunt View Post
    I didn't get any letters at all (know about the recall, though), but I also bought my car used (although from a dealer), so BMW probably doesn't know who/where I am. Do I need to register myself with BMW NA or something?
    They get the info from your VIN when you register the car with the state. You're the current owner.

i got my second letters today. I fixed my '03 myself prior to the recall; might take the ZHP in for grins.

2003 Mystic Blue 330i ZHP 6 MT

born in germany | delivered to baltimore | spent time in texas | resides in utah
    aFe ProDry S Air Filter | Dinan Stage 1 Software | H&R 27mm Front Sway Bar
    Bridgestone RE760 | StopTech Street Performance Pads
    BMW OEM Clear Corners & Side Markers | Ziza LED Light Kit | AL Bi-Xenon Retrofit | BSW Soundplicity iPod Integration

Quote Originally Posted by quikryptonite View Post
    I just got a second recall letter today for the Tail Light malfunction. I was hoping that it would be for the Xenon headlights when I saw it. I thought it was really odd that they would send a second letter. My dealer had my car fixed a week after I got the first letter a few months ago.
    +1. I did the same thing.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by Whitexi View Post
    The recall is for sedans only your coupe is ok.
    Oh, I thought it affected coupes, too. Don't the coupes and sedans have identical tail lights?

Quote Originally Posted by iZHP View Post
    They get the info from your VIN when you register the car with the state. You're the current owner.
    Gotcha. Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by quikryptonite View Post
    Cheers!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast