Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

My Sad, Sad Story

Hey everybody. Scott here. Los Angeles. Met some of you SoCal guys at the BMW museum about 6 months ago.

Get some tissues, sit down. Sad story.

I am right now looking for another zhp, hoping third time's the charm.... third time in 6 months... yeah... listen... ugh...

So I fell in love, philosophically, with zhp's. Found one at an independent dealer -- I know, I know, I vowed never to buy a car from a dealer like that but...

Car had some issues but got an estimate from my mechanic after he checked the car thoroughly, made an offer, they took it. Had it fixed. Made financial sense. Then got rejected on auto loan cuz lender found that, attached to title, was info that the car had frame damage. Undisclosed by dealer. With a baby, I didn't want that. Tried taking it back, getting reimbursed for repairs, dealer was a total nightmare. Sued him. Settling in my favor as we speak. That was zhp #1.

So I scoured and scoured and found my absolute dream zhp. Flew to get it. Silver-grey. 04. 37,000 original miles. Manual. I know the word "immaculate" is bandied about a lot, often mistakenly, but this car was - immaculate. And a better than fair price, super nice seller. The BMW mechanic I brought the car to before purchasing told the seller out of my earshot that if I didn't buy it, he would(!).

Couldn't've been happier. Love. Sweet sweet love. For the first time in my life I was taking a car to be washed every week... That was 6 months ago.

Three nights ago, someone slammed into my parked zhp on a major street in LA, probably going 80mph. Sigh. I came outside to see a crowd around my car, glass everywhere, my trunk sticking up in a sickening angle... I could go into grisly detail but... let's just say the gas tank was exposed. My car had been pushed about 15 feet and slammed into parked car ahead with such force that the hood accordioned as well. Um. I was pretty upset. Totalled. Guy fled the scene, a hit and run. But someone took his picture. And his radiator was falling out of his car. And then his front license plate fell off as he was fleeing. So I was able to hand the cops his actual license plate.

That was zhp #2. A big emotional loss I must say. The car and me had bonded.

BTW, I'm toying with the idea of buying back the salvage for parts. Interior is pristine. Engine, amazingly, is in fine shape. 37,000 miles. Trannie great. Doors perfect. There's a lot of exc condition parts here guys, wondering if I should part her out myself... ?

So, fellas, now I am looking for zhp #3. Everything happens for a reason, right? RIGHT?

I'll check the for sale threads... But I figured I'd put it out there... I'll fly anywhere for the right zhp. Must be sedan, must be manual, hoping for silver-gray but open, hoping for low low miles. Any help hugely appreciated. The way I figure it, either the universe has reserved an even perfecter zhp for me... or I should just ride my bike.

Sorry to hear the accident.

As for buying the salvage title for parts, you'll never make money back on it to cover the cost. E46 parts don't hold much value, and it's going to take a long time to get that money back

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

spencers Guest

Bummer to hear

Good luck with the search. I'd buy the car back from salvage and swap the drivetrain into an e30 for a fun project. Part out the interior and you could probably pay off the cost of the e30...
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

Sorry to hear mate, at least you weren't in the car. I know it sucks but if nobody got hurt and you're insured, that's about all you can ask for.

As far as buying the salvage back, all depends on what your owner retained settlement winds up being. If the numbers are low enough and you have an alcantara interior, it can start to line up right. Just need to crunch the numbers.

Glad you're sticking with it....and are back in the hunt.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

That us a crazy story, in sure you will find another one that you will want. Just sucks that you have to.

"I don't care if the door gaps are straight. When the driver steps on the gas I want him to sheet his pant's." Enzo Ferrari

Wow. Speechless. Sorry to hear.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

sorry to hear about the accident, hopefully you find the right one soon

Damn so sorry to hear about that. As I was reading the story I could just picture it as something out of a movie

Good luck with your search, hopefully you can find what you want

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast