Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by zj96sc View Post
    How did you get it away from where you did the work without it running?
    haha, funny you should ask, the shop is literally across the street from me, and the owner had to leave and needed me off the lift, so we rolled the car out to the street. That was where the priming and repriming and cursing began. I just got back from pushing it about 100 feet by myself into a legal parking spot. The next challenge is going to be pushing it down the block and around the corner to a flat surface where I can jack it up and switch the hoses. Needless to say, I am very excited to be moving out of the city this summer...

That was why I suggested checking those lines, you just never know lol

Meric Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Key to position II, hold gas 1/2 way down for 10 seconds......start car.
    +1 Don't let go of the gas when starting.

It will be tomorrow evening at the earliest before I can fix my mistake. In the meantime I'm driving the winter beater, a heavily dented but fully functional 2001 Accord V6 sedan with 145k miles, aka the "Crash-em-up Derby" mobile, that I share with my GF.

I noticed some front to back play in the fuel lines on both sides of the filter, so my hope is that I can just loosen the outer clamps on the tank-side hoses that I crossed, pull them back for some slack and then switch them...quickly! This way I wont have to completely redo the install.

The thing is, will the gas that was initially pumped into the wrong side of the filter work its way out naturally? Or would it be wise to start from scratch, remove the new filter and drain it and reinstall?

Bump. Anybody know if I messed up the filter by pumping fuel through the wrong side? Should I drain and reinstall? I'm going to try to fix this tonight and get my baby running again...

I believe you should be fine. There is likely a check valve that prevents it from flowing the wrong direction.

Makes sense. Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12