Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by telijah View Post
    Dont bother buying the tool. Just get a paper clip or similar. Actually a push-tac would be best as you'll likely bend the paper clip if the nozzle is really stuck in it's current position.

To the OP, just get a new pump after making sure the connection is good. They're cheap enough to not have to worry about build quality. I put on a pump from Autozone two years ago, and it lasted me until last month, and I just put a new one in last week.
    Need instructions for proper alignment method with thumb tack please.....
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Check to make sure you have the adjustable ones before ordering a tool or trying to adjust them with a paperclip. Some, like mine, are not adjustable....

The pump and grommet are very easy to replace. Just had to do it this week to mine. Came out one morning and there was pretty good-sized puddle of washer fluid under the car- took three days to drain out completely. I ordered replacement pump and grommet over ebay. Several options available including VDO, which is the brand of original pump. you can get it shipped for less than $40. All in all a pretty easy repair. If you have headlight washers, there will be two pumps; you;re after the one at the back of the reservoir. Just be patient as you work the old pump out of it housing. Hope this helps-

Keep in mind that at low speeds your washer spray may be "high" but at 80mph that pattern may be dead on.

I drove one of those Fiat 500s in europe for a while and had a good chuckle at stupid Fiat quality control when the washer spray almost came in the sunroof sitting at a stop light. Then going 110mph later that day the spray was dead center in the windshield and I had a little "ah ha" moment of humility.

Just keep it in mind.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123