Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Have any of you done the CDV delete?

Just curious if anyone has, or do you guys recommend it?

If you have, do you actually notice a difference in shifts?

The reason I am asking is, I was thinking about doing it, but I over think everything lol. I see a lot of e46/e9x guys do it, but then I think why the hell would BMW make it that way if it wasn't for a reason?

I wasn't actually going to completely remove mine either, i was just going to hollow it out for better flow.

Just curious what the mafia thinks.
    MODS: Badassery | Pure Awesomeness | My Blog

I'm still having issues getting the 1-2 shift smooth, so I was thinking of doing it. Good timing on creating the thread, I just looked into it today!

I took mine out but never really noticed a difference. Maybe I'm not as quick as you guys when upshifting. But a majority swear by it. Wish I could. LOL.
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

I did it- and I could've kicked myself in the ass for waiting so long to do it.

Night and day on faster shifts. When you get it out and see how damn small that restrictor is (little pin hole) you'll be amazed you could shift smoothly at all.

And from what I've read, the only reason BMW uses them is to reduce the warranty claims for drive train damage from people who don't know how to drive manual properly.

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Took mine out last November. Shifts SO MUCH better now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk
    ~Jeff

2003 330i / Orion V2 AEs / ASA GT1 Wheels / CDV Delete / OEM Aux / AFE Pro5 Intake

Quote Originally Posted by kayger12 View Post
    I did it- and I could've kicked myself in the ass for waiting so long to do it.

Night and day on faster shifts. When you get it out and see how damn small that restrictor is (little pin hole) you'll be amazed you could shift smoothly at all.

And from what I've read, the only reason BMW uses them is to reduce the warranty claims for drive train damage from people who don't know how to drive manual properly.

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.
    +1
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

nike001 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ryankokesh View Post
    I'm still having issues getting the 1-2 shift smooth, so I was thinking of doing it. Good timing on creating the thread, I just looked into it today!
    The trick is to shift early. I shift at about 2k into 2nd.

Ok you have convinced me. I don't know how the e46 CDV is but I know on my car I can basically take it out and take a punch and pop out the restrictive part of it. So I think I'm just going to do that and put it back in.

Now the only problem is I gotta find where it is lol, none of the write ups have pictures I can find. Remember guys I'm new to BMWs, go easy on me

I have a really stupid question I'm going to ask one of these days that's going to make you laugh
    MODS: Badassery | Pure Awesomeness | My Blog

No need to punch out internals. Just squeeze lines, pull it out, and re-connect lines together. Plus... If you don't like or need to re-install, you would be destroying it.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    No need to punch out internals. Just squeeze lines, pull it out, and re-connect lines together. Plus... If you don't like or need to re-install, you would be destroying it.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Do you need to bleed afterward?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast