Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by M0nk3y View Post
    Questions are fine. That's how people learn.

If you're only going to get 2 polishes, there isn't a need to get more polishing pads than 2...especially if you're only working on your car. What are the purpose of other pads if you only are using 2 steps?

Meguiars M105/205 is the combo to beat IMO. I have half of the Menzerna line on my shelf and I rarely use it (besides PO85RD). Meguiars is much easier to work with, finishes down nicer, and doesn't dust as much.

I'd say, (if you're talking LLC Pads color) go at least 3 Orange (for M105) and 3 White (for M205). You need a couple pads of each for each step, because polish clogs up in the pad and need to be washed. Unless you feel like waiting a couple days to wash the pad, and let it dry...I'd suggest grabbing a couple more. Personally I use between 6-8 pads PER step. But I'm OCD and I like having fresh pads for each panel.

You'll be happy with what M105/205 can do.
    if you do decide to pick up our kit and you do go with only 2 pads I would say uber yellow and uber green.

pick up an uber black for the wax or sealant (provided that you want to use the machine for your last step)

if you look at the link you will be able to pick out the pads you want.

Quote Originally Posted by DetailersDomain View Post
    if you do decide to pick up our kit and you do go with only 2 pads I would say uber yellow and uber green.

pick up an uber black for the wax or sealant (provided that you want to use the machine for your last step)

if you look at the link you will be able to pick out the pads you want.
    That's perfect.

I personally love applying LSPs by hand, but that's just me. Everyone is different.

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

Alright I think I'm going to go ahead and order the Griot's buffer now and then get the polishes and extra pads figured out in a few weeks. I most likely won't be doing any machine work on my car until I get home for summer in mid-May.

I am going to get one cutting pad (yellow), 2 polishing pads (green), 1 finishing pad (blue) and 1 wax pad (black)
    -Chris-

2003 ZHP Sedan - Jet Black on Sand - SOLD

So I just placed my order for the Griot's buffer!

Phil, I didn't get a chance to get pics today but I will be home Thursday and will use my brother's nice camera to get some shots for you so we can decide which kinds of polishes and such I should buy.

Thanks for the help so far guys!
    -Chris-

here are some pics of the paint. They're the best I could get for now since it was dark when I finished washing my car when I got home today. These are just from a wash, no wax or anything else. These are also after my friend ran it through a cloth wash...so the swirls and such are bad.

I'm looking for polishes that will take the swirls out as well as the scratches and scuffs that are in some pics.

-Chris-

chris,

what machine do you have and what pads?

I would say m105 ---> Uber Yellow Pad and menzerna SF4000. ---> Uber Green Pad

but you may want to consider the D300 and MF Cutting Pad prior to the SF4000.

I think I ended up getting one of each pad that came with the Griot's buffer you guys just had on sale. So I have 1 yellow and 1 green pad I think. I will be ordering more later.

Why do you say Menerza SF4000 over m205?
    -Chris-

I l like how it finishes down better on BMW's.

Oh alright, I was just curious. Thanks for the help. I'll probably order those here in a few weeks and begin polishing and such in May!
    -Chris-

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast