Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    I would say...if cutting an extra hole in the bottom of the stock air box was going to help....BMW engineering would have done it. I dunno though...
    I figured, lol was just kinda thinking out loud which I probably shouldn't do anyway. lol

Quote Originally Posted by zj96sc View Post
    You realize the factory airbox draws air from the kidneys right? There is no fresher/colder source of air available.
    I do, it was just an idea, but oh well. haha

I'm located in socal. I think everyone in this area should bring their intakes and we can test them all back to back on my car on the dyno compared to stock. I'm guessing very little to no horsepower gain.

Ian

I think you need to give the ECU time to adjust to the increased airflow. Back to back runs aren't going to show you much without remapping or at least allowing it some time to adapt on its own.

Quote Originally Posted by zj96sc View Post
    I think you need to give the ECU time to adjust to the increased airflow. Back to back runs aren't going to show you much without remapping or at least allowing it some time to adapt on its own.
    You might be on to something I think I have heard something like this before.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    2005 IR ZHP Alcantara 6MT l Bimmian phone mount l Khoalty Angel Eye's l Khoalty Fog's l AFE Stage 1 Intake l AFE Dynamic Air Scoop's l CDV Delete
    Besian Sealed VANOS l Flat black Kidney Grills l Magnaflow Cat-Back

it picks up from the lower front, through one of the vents or air ducts that feed to the brakes.thanks

The guy that gave it to me, actually cut out a half moon shape to allow the tube to fit. He said that the area he cut was not structurally affected. From what I have read , the long tube design is the best way to make sure the air is cold because it travels up the tube and is not affected so much by the engine heat. I spoke to Dinan and they said they c=basically had to stop making a long tube because BMW kept changing the light housing and it wasnt worth it for them financially to keep altering the long tube design. But, he did say their long tube designs produced the most gains. I guess I am going to try and install this bad boy and see what happens! Thanks for all the responses!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12