Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

mLuMaN83's 330Ci Projects, Fixes, & More

Thought I'de start a thread of all my doings with the ride.

Day 1 with 128k on the clock.

~ I soon noticed many issues I was having with the car. Fogging headlights, cheap Xenon bulbs, ugly tail lights, ect. After a quick air filter and oil change, I got started pretty quickly.

All contents were Depo brand and I wasn't happy with most of it. Clear corners clips broke on both sides in the same spot. They didn't line up very well. Being a pre F/L coupe, I read others had the same issues and OEM was a much better choice as far as clear corners. Bumper reflectors did not fit either. I threw them away and painted the OEM reflectors body color. I have no complaints with the LED tail lights or fender lights. They both worked and installed without issue. That same week I also treated myself with a USA Spec iphone kit. I love having my music on my phone in the car! It's the only way to go.

~ Cooling system overhaul, fluids flush, and "while I am in there" was next on the list.

Took me 2 days but I got it all done. Sorry no pictures. I will note tho, As many of you may know, that lower radiator hose was unbelievable! I could not get it off. I then moved to using a dremel and slowly, and I mean SLOWLY cutting away at the old hose in order to pry it loose from the radiator connection. It worked like a charm. If you go this route, PLEASE be careful or you WILL cut into the radiator connection piece. While I was in there, I replaced the A/C tensioner and pulley, hydraulic tensioner pulley, idler pulley, and new belts. I also decided to go ahead and replace the oil filter housing gasket. What a pain! I went through hell trying to get the alternator back in and lined up but I got it eventually. Wow is she running quiet! Then changed power steering fluid, differential fluid, and transmission fluid. I also got a brand new ZHP shifter. Feels great! Just over 130k now on the OD.

~ Next on my list is to tackle my headlight fogging issues and some other odds and ends with my headlights. New bulb retainers, new lenses, new gaskets, and painted trim. I'm not sure what color I am going to do. Matte black or a grey color.: Going to order parts tomorrow for this project. Going to hopefully have it all done by Wednesday if I can get the parts I need at a decent price at the dealer, $$$, but I may have to go ECS.
    Last edited by mLuMaN83; 02-26-2012 at 03:48 PM.

18x8 CSL Wheels / Trunk Lip Spoiler / Painted rear bumper trim / Painted reflectors / Clear corners / Black headlight trim / USA Spec / LED tails / 25% tint
    LED license plate lights / Rockord Fosgate upgraded speakers / Kicker Hideaway 8" subwoofer

Nice work. Amazing how a couple of qts of tranny fluid, new pulleys, belts, and hoses (really a small amount of cash) can really make the car purrrrrrr.
    Don't forget to check the DISA. My XI's was shot at 120k.

2002 330XI Saloon
    2005 ZHP
    2013 XC90 R-Design

Yes this is also next on the list to do in the near future. I am going to be cleaning the DISA, ICV, and TB. Hopefully all goes well without issue!

18x8 CSL Wheels / Trunk Lip Spoiler / Painted rear bumper trim / Painted reflectors / Clear corners / Black headlight trim / USA Spec / LED tails / 25% tint
    LED license plate lights / Rockord Fosgate upgraded speakers / Kicker Hideaway 8" subwoofer

Great work Mike.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Well finally got both lenses in my hands and while I was at it, I put in new headlight gaskets to hopefully resolved my leaking/fogging issues , and new bulb retainers. Mine were broke.

I also took it upon myself to paint the beauty trim inside the headlights. I wasn't sure if I wanted to go matte grey or matte black. I stood in front the the paint section for 10 minutes trying to decide and I couldnt make a choice. I wanted to darken them but I wanted to keep that touch of lux! I just wasnt sure if the black would be too sporty. Oh well. I just sucked it up and went black. I used Duplicolor Matte Black Trim Paint. I applied two light coats and used a hair drier to aid in the drying process. The paint came out with such a nice color. It's a very deep matte. Almost a 'wet matte'; and I think with the remaining can, I am going to re paint my side view mirror trim black so it looks new once again. This paint can be found at your local auto parts retailer. I picked mine up from Advance Auto.

Pictures came out pretty horrible for whatever reason but what can ya do. Hopefully I am going to be picking up a nice Nikon in the future. I used to do quite a bit of photography in highschool and a few years out and loved it. Loved using manual cameras but I think I want to get into digital photography.

But enough OT.. on with the no tripod iPhone 4 photos.

I cant effing wait until spring so I can detail. And angel eyes.... soon.. Because "daaaaaaamn" in your rear view.

Those look good! Never really heard of painting the insides.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

spencers Guest
    Wow! Looks so much better with the painted trim.

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Those look good! Never really heard of painting the insides.
    Yeah.... The titanium guys, paint theirs black.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Thanks guys. Suspension and brakes need to be taken into consideration next along with the clunking diff. I also only have till the end of the summer on my current tires and I am thinking... instead of spending money on tires for wheels I'de like to change at some point, I might just have to put fresh tires on a different wheel.

Got new LED plate lights and LED angel eyes from Khoalty!

I have to say... this shot is smexy.