Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Which wax for Imola Red

A little elaboration first: I use a Porter Cable random orbital buffer and Sonus pads

Zymol (just the cheap $20 a bottle stuff)...looked good for about 1.5-2 months.

Liquid Crystal - awesome, can't find it any more

Liquid Glass - good stuff, holds up pretty good, gotta be something better out there

Meguiar's (regular) - looked like crap

Mother's 3 stage (clean, polish, wax) - held up well, took forever to do all three stages but made the red have a whitish tint...not pink...just like...well I don't know, I just didn't like it. It held up well beaded water well. I just hated the way it looked after spending so much time on it (about 16 hours total)

Meguiar's NXT - best stuff over all I've found. Easy on easy off. Hold up pretty well. Nice shine.

anyone got other suggestions?
    FullyBalanced

daily driver - 2002 Honda Civic LX, Nighthawk Black, cold air intake
    summer ride - 2004 BMW 330i ZHP, Imola, 6MT, black leather, silver cube, cold weather package, xenons, BMW Performance stuff, ///M stuff, ACS stuff
    winter ride - 1997 Toyota Landcruiser FZJ80, 40th Anniversary, factory front and rear lockers, antique sage pearl, lifted and armored

Dodo Juice hard candy after Wolfgangs 3.0 paint sealant is what I use......after correction of course.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I'm a carnauba guy

I'm an old school guy and use nothing but carnauba. Other waxes may last longer but carnauba gives me the best shine.

I started with Mothers® California Gold® carnauba. It was a good wax and always gave my car or truck a good shine.

A few yeas ago I received this Wicked Yellow Carnauba Paste Wax as a gift and was relay, real impressed. The stuff is as hard as a bar of soap and the can lasts forever. It also puts on a great shine on the car. The only problem is, I have to order it online because of no local dealer. I've been tempted to buy it by the case and sell it and just might do that.

http://www.wickedproducts.com/wicked...Paste_Wax.html

This year I used Meguiar's Gold Class™ Carnauba Plus Paste Wax. It was a good wax that gave me a great shine. I'll use it until the can is gone but may not go back and buy more. The wax has additives and is somewhat liquid, not what I consider past wax.

Best shine, probably Meguiar's, my favorite ,Wicked.

You can check out my post in his section that was done with Meguiar's.
    Last edited by 3ZHPGUY; 12-31-2010 at 07:51 AM.

Dinan; Hign Flow Intake System, & Strut Tower Brace
    Turner Motorsports; Underdrive Power Pulleys
    Koni Sport, Bridgestone; Potenza RE-11, Coby Wheel
    Stewart High Performance Water Pump
    Hawk High Performance Street 5.0 Brake Pads
    Brembo Rotor

The purposeful face of a formidable athlete:

The spine-tingling 330i Performance Package.

Purchased CPO on 12/23/2006 with 28,090 miles

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Dodo Juice hard candy after Wolfgangs 3.0 paint sealant is what I use......after correction of course.
    ...pricey... but if it works I'm willing to try it. Do you get it from Autogeek.com?
    FullyBalanced

summer ride - 2004 BMW 330i ZHP, Imola, 6MT, black leather, silver cube, cold weather package, xenons, BMW Performance stuff, ///M stuff, ACS stuff
    winter ride - 1997 Toyota Landcruiser FZJ80, 40th Anniversary, factory front and rear lockers, antique sage pearl, lifted and armored

Quote Originally Posted by 3ZHPGUY View Post
    I'm an old school guy and use nothing but carnauba. Other waxes may last longer but carnauba gives me the best shine.

I started with Mothers® California Gold® carnauba. It was a good wax and always gave my car or truck a good shine.

A few yeas ago I received this Wicked Yellow Carnauba Paste Wax as a gift and was relay, real impressed. The stuff is as hard as a bar of soap and the can lasts forever. It also puts on a great shine on the car. The only problem is, I have to order it online because of no local dealer. I've been tempted to buy it by the case and sell it and just might do that.

http://www.wickedproducts.com/wicked...Paste_Wax.html

This year I used Meguiar's Gold Class™ Carnauba Plus Paste Wax. It was a good wax that gave me a great shine. I'll use it until the can is gone but may not go back and buy more. The wax has additives and is somewhat liquid, not what I consider past wax.

Best shine, probably Meguiar's, my favorite ,Wicked.

You can check out my post in his section that was done with Meguiar's.
    More reasonably priced... nice, I like options!
    FullyBalanced

Depends on what you are trying to spend?

If you're around the $15 range, please look into Poorboy Natty Waxes.

If you're more into the $50 Range, there is Chemical Guys 5050 and Pete's 53

Range of $70...look into Dodo Juice IMO

$100 +...I'd figure you wouldn't be here.

The most important thing is that wax isn't going to make the car look brand new, it will help...but 90% of the shine and depth will come from prep work/correction.

My personal opinion, invest into a high quality sealant (like Jetseal 109 or Wolfgang 3.0 Sealant). And a mediocre wax...

What do I use? My LSP is Wolfgang 3.0 Paint Sealant, Dodo Juice Hard Candy then Dodo Juice Rainforest Rub ontop of that.

FYI - This is one layer of Poorboys Red Natty Wax...but it's over 40 hours of correction done to my paint:

I think I'm gong to have to do some owrk on the paint before I pretty it up.
    FullyBalanced

Quote Originally Posted by M0nk3y View Post

What do I use? My LSP is Wolfgang 3.0 Paint Sealant, Dodo Juice Hard Candy then Dodo Juice Rainforest Rub ontop of that.

Follow on question here....and I will leave your pic....cuz it looks good (even if it is Japanrot).

When I was correcting my car...you instructed me to seal and wax. All of the instructions I read....just said "seal"

Do you have to wax after using the Wolfgangs 3.0? That is my question.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

No Love for the Klasse Twins here, huh?
    2005 AW ZHP Coupe. CW, Alcantara, Leather st. wheel, HK, Xenons, Step, Dinan chip & air box, USASpec, Sprint Booster

I recently tried the Dodo Juice sample pots and the VooDoo one worked nicely on a black car. Still haven't tried the whote one I have for my car.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast