Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tried Meguiar's NXT Tech Wax (2.0) last night after first experience claying (highly recommend - had it washed and still picked up a lot of junk and I keep my ride I thought, quite clean). Checked many reviews which seemed overall, positive. Admittedly, I still use the old hand method for now til I purchase a polisher. For a OTC product, it went on well and came off easily and the results thus far (mind you, 3/4 of a day) look good. Really, my post is to advise that application and removal was a breeze by hand as I would presume Turtle Wax would probably shine up the ride as or almost as well as NXT. Better stuff out there I'm sure and will be interested in exploring and then selecting 1 or 2 in the future to use consistently.

Quote Originally Posted by JHiggy View Post
    Tried Meguiar's NXT Tech Wax (2.0) last night after first experience claying (highly recommend - had it washed and still picked up a lot of junk and I keep my ride I thought, quite clean). Checked many reviews which seemed overall, positive. Admittedly, I still use the old hand method for now til I purchase a polisher. For a OTC product, it went on well and came off easily and the results thus far (mind you, 3/4 of a day) look good. Really, my post is to advise that application and removal was a breeze by hand as I would presume Turtle Wax would probably shine up the ride as or almost as well as NXT. Better stuff out there I'm sure and will be interested in exploring and then selecting 1 or 2 in the future to use consistently.
    Thanks for the review and heads up......higgy
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I had an interesting question ask by someone in a group of guys admiring my ZHP at coffee and cars Cincinnati, OH last weekend.

"How do you make to look so wet?" I guess that states what the finish looks like with Meguiar's Gold Class™ Carnauba Plus Paste Wax. I believe I did my last wax with the Meguir's a little over a month ago.

Dinan; Hign Flow Intake System, & Strut Tower Brace
    Turner Motorsports; Underdrive Power Pulleys
    Koni Sport, Bridgestone; Potenza RE-11, Coby Wheel
    Stewart High Performance Water Pump
    Hawk High Performance Street 5.0 Brake Pads
    Brembo Rotor

The purposeful face of a formidable athlete:

The spine-tingling 330i Performance Package.

Purchased CPO on 12/23/2006 with 28,090 miles

I ran outta dodo juice....so that's what I am using now. Gold Class.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I've been impressed with the looks of CG JS109 topped with SV Shield on my '03.

I'm Bad

Quote Originally Posted by 3ZHPGUY View Post
    I had an interesting question ask by someone in a group of guys admiring my ZHP at coffee and cars Cincinnati, OH last weekend.

"How do you make to look so wet?" I guess that states what the finish looks like with Meguiar's Gold Class™ Carnauba Plus Paste Wax. I believe I did my last wax with the Meguir's a little over a month ago.
    You know you're a ZHP fanatic when you forget last wax you used. I did a wash tonight and decided to top off the lids with new wax. I went into my detail box and pulled out the little finger pad my son got me for Christmas then I grabbed the Meguir's. HHMM, this doesn't seam right. OH Yeh Scott bought me that Griot's carnabua wax stick Kit and that is what got the wet comment. I'll never see that guy again to tell him the right stuff. LOL

http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/...x+stick+kit.do

Brembo Rotor

Today...I used Autoglym.

Makes imola look wet. Very happy.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

There are many great waxes out there but I'm not sure where if I want to try any thing else. I am so anal with having perfect lids. I can't have any water checks, you know those things that look like shattered glass that are a total pain to get rid of and the seam to love red. It took me many hours too get rid of them and I NEVER want to see them again.

Brembo Rotor

Brettbimmer told me he uses marine wax, its much more tolerant.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnmadd View Post
    Brettbimmer told me he uses marine wax, its much more tolerant.
    Tolerant, yes. But that's about it. You won't achieve any gloss or depth from it.

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast