Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Road trip

Road trip

Will be road tripping in a couple of weeks from Newport to Tampa. I'll probably spend my first night in DC, but after that, no plans. Looking for ideas for things to see on the way down or recommended routing. I don't really know the east coast.

Some things I have thought of as possible:
    - Tail of the Dragon
    - BMW Spartenberg, not sure what I would do there though

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    2004 330i ZHP ESS TS2 supercharged
    Silver Grey/Black leather, Xenons, factory Nav, 19" VMR V710 & 18" ZHP wheels for summer, Turner Motorsports rear sub-frame kit

Busch Gardens, Virginia Space Museum, Jamestown Settlement, Colonial Williamsburg, Visit DW77.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

DW77??

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    2004 330i ZHP ESS TS2 supercharged
    Silver Grey/Black leather, Xenons, factory Nav, 19" VMR V710 & 18" ZHP wheels for summer, Turner Motorsports rear sub-frame kit

Hehe.... I'll buy ya a beer.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

^yup, the burg has cool peeps (Danewilson 77/ Johnmadd) Hehe, seriously though, Busch Gardens has some nice coasters.

Highly recommend the Dragon. Been there a ton of times on two wheels, but never in the ZHP.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

I've avoided tail of the dragon as I've heard firsthand accounts and read it is packed these days with lane crossing bikes and cops. Im starting to consider putting a trip together from Atlanta, but Im going to do it early and on a weekday. jam packed/dangerous would defeat the purpose imo.

On my zhp purchase trip from ct to ga i did the blue ridge parkway instead, at about 7am on a Saturday. It was a ghost town and gorgeous. not as much of a "driver's" road though, just beautiful scenery.

In general, my advice would be to spend as much time off the superslab as you schedule allows. There are other world class roads in Nc/ga/tn and the shenandoah valley is breathtaking. get creative!

Quote Originally Posted by zj96sc View Post
    I've avoided tail of the dragon as I've heard firsthand accounts and read it is packed these days with lane crossing bikes and cops.
    Probably just get there real early to solve that issue. I drove Palomar Mountain last weekend (similar road w/lots of bikes and cops) but I was there around 6:30, road was deserted. The only traffic I started to see was on the way down the mountain around 7:45

Dragon was starting to get busy the last few times I was there-- and that was about 8 years ago.

Cherohala Skyway was one of the best roads I stumbled on down there for great views, nice sweepers, and no traffic/cops.
    http://www.cherohala.com/
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

The TiAg on the BRP:

....tear

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast