Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My coupe really doesn't understeer. I can provoke either understeer or oversteer with ease, and it's totally stock. My sedan, with a Koni/Hotchkis/Eibach suspension doesn't understeer either.

FWIW trust me you will miss the 255s in the rear (due to the lack of LSD) if you drive hard.
    - Derek

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Well, that, and they clearly used stagger for understeer. So while the car has great balance, to me that is a little limiting, and maybe a compensation for the masses. Going square would remedy that.
    +1

This sounds like a dream come true: less weight, OE look, same strength! Where are people seeing the (proposed) offsets, though? A square set of reps with offsets equivalent to the OE M135s with spacers would be perfect!

Travis | ’04 ZHP sedan 6MT | WeĭssLĭcht AEs | BMW clears | Plasti-Dipped grilles | BMW Perf. intake | TMS Power Pulleys | DIY aux-in | !CDV
    Sprint Booster w/Sport button | Mich PS AS4 (245 sq) | M3 front sway | Z4M LCABs | Beisan VANOS rebuild | GAS DISA rebuild | BMW diag. PC

Quote Originally Posted by zhp43867 View Post
    I get picky but that's a little bit absurd. The stock 225/255 stagger would still fit on this setup. They would sit a bit more flush with the fenders, but we're not talking stanceworks. BMW engineering is great, but remember that BMW had cost constraints when they made the car.
    I agree with Zell.

...and I dislike the word absurd.

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Anything ever come of this?

I love the style 135's, I just wish they were lightweight.

And I like my staggered setup.
    2003 BMW 330i ZHP
    ESS Twin Screw Stage 2 - Wavetrac - Headers - Borla - BMW Performance
    Turner Motorsports - Powerflex - Hawk Performance

Build thread: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...yan-s-2003-ZHP
    Wheelwell: 2003 BMW 3 Series
    Fuelly: 2003 BMW 330i

I dropped 2 lbs per corner by switching from PSS's to Conti DWs a few months ago. I had no idea they were lighter, but the difference was felt IMMEDIATELY, so much so that I went straight home and Googled the weight of both tries, and sure enough, 2 lbs less. That's not insignificant!

Years ago I put 12.8 lb forged BBS RG-F's on my Scirocco, replacing older BBS wheels that were around 19 lbs. Talk about a MAJOR transformation! Losing unsprung weight really is a big deal. It's a cryin' shame that the 135's are so heavy, given that they are a great-looking wheel and unique to the ZHP (here in the US at least).

'21 M2 Competition
    '08 Z4 M Coupé
    '19 Golf R

Quote Originally Posted by KevinC View Post
    I dropped 2 lbs per corner by switching from PSS's to Conti DWs a few months ago. I had no idea they were lighter, but the difference was felt IMMEDIATELY, so much so that I went straight home and Googled the weight of both tries, and sure enough, 2 lbs less. That's not insignificant!

Years ago I put 12.8 lb forged BBS RG-F's on my Scirocco, replacing older BBS wheels that were around 19 lbs. Talk about a MAJOR transformation! Losing unsprung weight really is a big deal. It's a cryin' shame that the 135's are so heavy, given that they are a great-looking wheel and unique to the ZHP (here in the US at least).
    +1

I felt the difference of unsprung weight first hand when my father switched out of stock wheels on his NA Miata to smaller diameter BBS wheels that cut the total weight per wheel and tire to around 25 lbs. It is night and day. Before a large bump could unsettle the car and you could catch it out of balance, but with the lighter wheels it never feels out of sorts. It just grips. It's the main reason I'm ready to switch over to Arc8's and my BMWP slotted rotors; cut some serious unsprung weight.

So is there any interest in reviving this?
    2003 BMW 330i ZHP
    ESS Twin Screw Stage 2 - Wavetrac - Headers - Borla - BMW Performance
    Turner Motorsports - Powerflex - Hawk Performance

Build thread: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...yan-s-2003-ZHP
    Wheelwell: 2003 BMW 3 Series
    Fuelly: 2003 BMW 330i

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123