Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    If I did my math correctly, that is 560 lb/in while mine will technically be a 547 lb/in. Means you're a little more HARD CORE than me! I read a thread somewhere claiming Swift springs are more responsive than GC/Eibach, Hyperco, or VVS/Vogtland springs, but have no idea if it's true.

Swift only comes in metric spring rates so its 448/560 as the spring rates goes. I know that swifts have less coils and allows for a larger stroke without binding but I do not know how it will differ in responsiveness on the same similar rates. I guess we will find out. The price difference the swifts from the GC retail springs is so close I rather pay the extra for the swifts.

ordered my swifts! hopefully they dont shipp from japan..:X

Congrats! My GC 547 rear springs just arrived. Old 440 fronts are at home. Tonight might be a good night to pull the struts! But now looks like won't have another track day until April 21-22.

Quote Originally Posted by LivesNearCostco View Post
    Congrats! My GC 547 rear springs just arrived. Old 440 fronts are at home. Tonight might be a good night to pull the struts! But now looks like won't have another track day until April 21-22.
    We need to do a button willow day so we can meet halfway lol

Installed the 440/547 springs last night. On smooth roads it feels the same as the 375/430 springs. But I haven't pushed it yet nor have I hit any bad roads, just a few speed bumps around my place and a dip at the parking garage. I need somewhere I can drive fast safely...

Yes! I will get up to Infineon someday but not sure if it will be this summer. Any chance you might do Buttonwillow with NASA April 21-22? I'm pretty sure I will be there at least Sunday, since I probably cannot do Buttonwillow April 13 with the BMW CCA. Or are you more of a Speed Ventures/Trackmasters person?

I mostly deal with NCRC ncracing.org and my next track day is infineon 5/12 with speed ventures.

I never raced with NASA or BMW CCA yet.

Let me know what about the results

IMHO, BMW CCA track days are the safest and most expensive. I've done 4 Speed Ventures track days but never NCRC.

So far on smooth roads my new springs feel the same as the 375/430. Rough freeways are slightly more annoying now. Speed bumps at a certain speed range are okay, but above that speed (maybe 8 or 10 mph?) speed bumps have been quite painful with either set of coilover springs (compared to stock springs). I was going to AutoX on Sunday to see how they felt but now I'm volunteering to help with the Street Survival teen driving clinic held the same place and day as the AutoX, so I probably won't get to drive the course on Sunday.

That doesn't fair well for my stiffer setup haha. What do you mean by safest?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've tried a few outfits for track days. CCA is the safest in that they put you with an instructor until you prove you don't need one. They enforce the rules. It is not the wild west on the track unlike other courses. I'm totally fine with the wild west but only with experienced and respectful drivers. Teenagers in Mitsubishi evos bombing through mid corner passes like they're playing gran turismo is not fun. Porsche club does a nice job, too.
    - Marc

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast