Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Thread: Dragon Fun Run

Dragon Fun Run

A couple of buddies of mine and I will be making a fun run at The Tail of the Dragon on March 16th-18th. Anyone is welcome to come if they want, even though most of the cars will be Honda Civic Si's, lol.

This is just a quick run down of the plans for the weekend.

**Details**

When: 16-Mar-2012 - 18-Mar-2012
    Where: Deals Gap, North Carolina aka Tail of The Dragon & Fontana Village
    Who: EVERYONE
    And lastly: To get together with friends whom we may not see for awhile, and do something we all love.

**The Plan**

16-Mar-2012: Everyone arrives at Deals Gap. Feel free to take this time to unpack, get settled, and make some NIGHT RUNS! No group events will be scheduled this day, as I imagine most people will be making their way to the Dragon, and may be exhausted.

17-Mar-2012:

11:30am (Local Time) - Everyone gathers at the Fontana Village Rec Hall ("#3" on the following map of the resort: http://www.fontanavillage.com/maps/map_village.pdf )

12:00pm (Local Time) - Depart for Lunch @ Pizzeria Venti (Vonore, TN) (Address Here: Pizzeria Venti ) Feel free to hit your favorite (or a buddy's favorite) highways for the rest of the afternoon. Or simply, do whatever you wish!

6:00pm (Local Time) - Dinner at the Wildwood Grill (Again, located @ "#3" on the Fontana Resort Map linked above.)

18-Mar-2012:

9:30am (Local Time) - Breakfast buffet at The Mountview Restaurant ("#1" on Fontana Resort Map)

Any additional info. just let me know.

It was a good time. Learned how to drive the car hard, yet still keep it between the lines most of the time, lol.

Some pics.....

View from our cabin at Fontana Lodge

Fontana Dam

Turn around spot at mile marker 8.8 out of 11 miles. There was a rock slide at mile 9.5. Good thing about the rockslide is that there was little traffic.

BMW buddy that used to drive a Civic like mine...

Random pics...

Boost!!!

Some of my friends pics....

Too much boost =

Which means....

Vids...

From the Lookout(mile 8.8) to the start of the Dragon.

http://youtu.be/M3SqWPGdzAc

From the lodge through part of "the hellbender" and then the Dragon

http://youtu.be/PTpIrVcW2ig

Looks great. Beautiful area.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Looks like you had a great time. I love fishing out there, hate the driving. It's usually always crowded, but it doesn't look like it was too bad for you guys.

Funny story, I once asked a local what the job market is like (because there is nothing out there) and he replied, "If you can get the loan for a tow truck, it's great.". I lol'd.

Please visit my build page here, on CarDomain.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryans323i View Post
    Looks like you had a great time. I love fishing out there, hate the driving. It's usually always crowded, but it doesn't look like it was too bad for you guys.

Funny story, I once asked a local what the job market is like (because there is nothing out there) and he replied, "If you can get the loan for a tow truck, it's great.". I lol'd.
    lol, true on the tow truck thing. We had some really nice runs with no hogs, lol. It cost my friend $600+ to tow it to Charlotte. Then I drove him to the Ft. Bragg area and back to Charlotte to pick up a spare pulley he had.

$600 to Charlotte! Jeez oh pete!

Please visit my build page here, on CarDomain.

I think I'm the only person I know who hated driving on the dragon. Not because of traffic (there was none), but because it made me seasick - in a MINI!!!!!!!

Sweet pics, and beaut of a car!
    - Marc

Quote Originally Posted by Ryans323i View Post
    $600 to Charlotte! Jeez oh pete!
    It was actually $681.....$3 a loaded mile from what I was told.

Quote Originally Posted by zhpnsnv View Post
    I think I'm the only person I know who hated driving on the dragon. Not because of traffic (there was none), but because it made me seasick - in a MINI!!!!!!!

Sweet pics, and beaut of a car!
    Thanks on the car comment. Made you seasick? I would of thought it would be way more fun. Do you know or heard of Mean Mr. Bean?