Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Car Keyed, need body shop... Worcester, MA area

Well, my car got vandalized today and I'm looking to find a good paint shop locally. I have heard good reviews for years on sansossio's, but also some not so good... I've never had major paint work done, and want my Imola Red ZHP to look perfect when it's done... it will probably need 75-100% respray since it was keyed on almost every panel. and they stomped the hood and broke my mirror...

What I'm hoping to do: get a check from the insurance company, buy some of the parts myself(upgrade to m3 mirrors, and maybe an m3 bulge hood?) then have the body shop take care of the rest and make the car perfect... I don't want to see any over spray, runs, transitions, etc... this is my baby and I have put $6k in parts into it in the last 9 months, only to have this happen to it...

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated... I don't mind driving a little ways for a great shop that understands my needs and wants...

A few things...

#1 - good luck with this, I'm sure your car will look amazing once resprayed. High quality before and after pics or ban...

#2 - M3 hood is designed for a pre-facelift vehicle, there are slight mods necessary. Ask Kris (SH330Ci) what he had to do, he has one on his car

#3 - mirrors require a different mod depending on which version you buy, ask Charlie (cakM3), he'll tell you what you need to do

#4 - I honestly hope the guy messed with your bumper so you can get that resprayed nice and fresh, did he?

#5 - what is your opinion on a Shadowline roof? I think it would look amazing on your car. Also, you could just paint it Imola then vinyl wrap it in Shadowline

Yeah, I got the text from Chad about this....I'm really mad that people do this to other's car. It would be nice if they left finger prints on the car for the police to get...

Hope these slimes get nailed....

Chad, when you are ready to do the ///M3 side mirrors let me know. I'll be happy to help you out

Tapatalk + iPhone4

I had never looked into the hood before a few minutes ago, but had seen them on prefacelift... Now that I see there is no ready made aftermarket hood, I'll just stick with oem... I'm not looking to go crazy, just thought if it was easy; i'd upgrade...

I'm looking up the info on the mirrors, but will text charlie as well.

I didn't notice anything wrong with the bumper, but honestly didn't look at it... will check in a few minutes.

I do have the shadowline trim, and have thought of wrapping the hood in black vinyl in the past... I may very well do this as part of the transformation process...

Also, whether it's covered by insurance or not, I'm going to have the bumper fixed and resprayed, then doing a clear bra on the whole front end...

I'm glad you mentioned the bumper... I hadn't even noticed, but it looks like they stepped on the lower section of the bumper to step onto the hood or something... my brand new lower grille is smashed and the lip is kind of distorted... i don;t know it it can be fixed or if they will need to replace the bumper.

Sucks to hear about the car. Hopefully everything goes well.

my gawd that's awful....

there should be justice for jerks like that......baseball bat justice comes to mind, Chicago style

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    there should be justice for jerks like that......baseball bat justice comes to mind, Chicago style
    How about Submarine Style... Back in Shaft Alley?

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I've been doing research on a bunch of fronts, and have just come to find out that I do not have the bmw performance insurance that I thought I had... When I went to liberty mutual, I specifically asked about it and after a little searching the person said okay, and it was all set... but now I find out that it's not possible to have it for residents of Massachusetts and Washington... Now I'm going to get stuck with bullshit aftermarket parts... WTF!!!!!
    I hope to insurance company doesn't try to fvck me over... man, my blood is boiling again already...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast