Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Power Steering Fluid > Before and After doityourself

Just did the initial Turkey Baster flush of my power steering reservoir.

New is on left......fluid with about 50k miles on it....is on the right. I am using M1 Synthetic ATF.

Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I was thinking about doing this... what is you opinion on using the Red Line ATF for this vs what you bought?

My opinion is: I don't think it matters....but the only data point I had was the M1 closely matched the oem fluid.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

spencers Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
    I was thinking about doing this... what is you opinion on using the Red Line ATF for this vs what you bought?
    I use Redline D4ATF. Works great.

In the end, its all the same

it sure gets dirty!

You gonna eat out of those bowls?

I should probably change my fluid...
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Hornung418 View Post
    You gonna eat out of those bowls?

I should probably change my fluid...
    After washing... Yes.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

Since you switched over to the M1 Snthetic has it progressed in leaking anywhere?

I am worried that switcing to a synthetic for here after being only regular ATF that it will speed up the leaking from my p/s hoses. I have flushed it once a few years ago and was planing on doing it again this summer, I think I used the regular Castrol ATF last time.

"I don't care if the door gaps are straight. When the driver steps on the gas I want him to sheet his pant's." Enzo Ferrari

I changed it 2 days ago.... And I changed it around 100k miles. After ~50k miles... I did not develope any leaks whatsoever.

I did same on TiAg. It did not produce leaks after doing it. Do you have data on this?

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

Autozone.com
    I was relaying back to the same issue from taking a car that was run with regular oil all its life then changing to synthetic. Usually it can and will develope oil leaks. I had this happen with a few of my cars and then a few shops said that its not good to change over from regular oil to synthetic after a long time of using regular.

My A6, and 88 subaru leaked so bad when I changed to a full synthetic.

"I don't care if the door gaps are straight. When the driver steps on the gas I want him to sheet his pant's." Enzo Ferrari

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast