Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    ZHP with an Active Autowerke SC will give you your torque fix.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    You do know that there is an infamous dip in power around 4k, right? I think there is a fix for it in the form of a software update. Perhaps this, and the combination of potential VANOS seals being needed is what is causing your "lack" of torque.

Mine has decent pickup, but dips between 3-4k rpm where it seems like nothing is happening, then it picks up strong again and pulls fine 'till redline. I need to get this update done and do my seals as it hasn't been done yet on this car.

Also keep in mind that the 328i is a different car with different characteristics. For example; just yesterday, I went on a spirited drive with my buddy who bought my S50 E30. I thought he was going to be hard to keep up to, but I was pleasantly surprised by the fact that I had absolutely no problem keeping up (even had to let off a few times), even though the car didn't feel all that fast. The feeling is quite different, and the E30 definitely feels a lot more lively. It's a different car, I don't expect it to feel the same. The point is, just because it doesn't feel the same doesn't mean it isn't as quick.
    All of it^^^^^Very good thoughts.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

just do e90 335i <3 love all day loong

Mike, what are the torque and hp specs on your 335?

Quote Originally Posted by mwscircle View Post
    just do e90 335i <3 love all day loong
    'Till the fuel pump goes.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

True. So sick of the hpfp issues with the n54.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus-SanDiego View Post
    True. So sick of the hpfp issues with the n54.
    In all honestly, my post was unwarranted because the majority of the 335's don't have the issue, but too large of them do, so I think it's joke worthy. It is literally like winning a lottery by getting one that doesn't have an issue. lol
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Well, I have blown two pumps, so you can say whatever you'd like, BP. I'm with you. I don't recall if mike has had a failed pump yet.

i love my e90! i stayed away from the 335, but since its been recalled its more of a pita than a issue. they have to fix it under warranty regardless of coverage or not. the motor is a beast. i miss my e60 everyday. i would have preferred a 330, but ended up with a 325. the good thing about this motor is that it is bulletproof and much easier to work on diy. it is a little slow, but that is not my concern with this car. i bought it more for comfort convenience items and updated technology. the intake and exhaust make it feel and sound a little more menacing, the Mtech kit, H&R springs and 19's make it look very nice. goal accomplished. they are much quieter and more refined than the e46, though i dont find the car to be numb at all. the steering is very BMW. with the suspension and 19's the car feels great and rides very nice for these mods. the zhp's are awesome and thats what i set out to get. i only bought it cause i stumbled into it. the e46 was what i wanted so i am in no way trying to sell you on the e90, but just know that i've owned a bunch of bmw's and the e90 is just as much a BMW as any they have made so far!

06 e90 325i
    02 e53 X5

I'm just gonna finish getting the zhp fixed and rebuild the vanos. Thanks guys.
    - Derek

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast