Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

New member in Kansas City

Hello from Kansas City!

I'm a BMW owner since 1984 and I recently bought a 330ci ZHP at the recommendation of my german mechanic. He said that these cars are the best value for the dollar and one of the most reliable models BMW has ever made, in his opinion. He talked me out of the M3 in favor of the ZHP as a daily driver.

I bought my ZHP in NC from a Mafia member. I could tell over the phone that he had taken excellent care of the car...as a true enthusiast should. After we agreed on a deal I flew out, picked up the car, and drove her back to KC at the peak of the fall foliage in the mountains of South Carolina and Tennessee. It was during that drive that I totally bonded with my new baby. Wow, what a car. It begged for me to take all the backroad twisties I could find, and then wanted more. She performed flawlessly on that trip and has had no problems in six months. My mechanic may not be seeing me very often.

I was drawn to this forum because of the wealth of seemingly reliable information as well as the friendly and respectful way the members communicate with each other. I am honored to be included as a member and look forward to making new friends with a common passion. Members passing through the Heatland can PM me for a bed and a hot shower if willing to talk cars.

Also, I am looking for some light wheels I can use for the track this summer if anyone has a set gathering dust or has a recommendation.

Cheers
    -to drive her is to love her-

Welcome to your new home on the net
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

Welcome to the family, details of the car please (and your previous bimmers)

Quote Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
    Welcome to the family, details of the car please (and your previous bimmers)
    Thanks for the welcome.

OK...lemme see...past bimmers...
    1980 320i...my first bimmer
    '70-something 2002...raced it 6 seasons in the 90's at local paved oval. Wanted to road race, but there was nothing organized locally.
    1991 M5...still my personal favorite
    1993 535i
    1995 540i Sport...DD since new and still running strong. Has a bad ($5500) paint peeling problem, so hence the recent purchase.

Current ride is an '05 E46 330ci ZHP...blk/blk/blk faux carbon inside trim. Was all stock when I got it, but I couldn't resist giving her a few gifts. I had the DME reprogrammed to fix an annoying loss of power at 4000rpm, then did the Shark injection and replaced the CAI with an Afe unit. I installed a USAspec iPod adapter that I really like. Then I added Homelink and hardwired a Passport detector. My wife gave me an ECS carbon strut brace for x-mas (after I sent her a "hint" email with the link to order attached). I am removing the CDV, replacing the FCABs, and adding stiffer sway bars this month. That's it for awhile.

Long answer, but thanks for asking.
    -to drive her is to love her-

Sounds great.

Welcome.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Welcome to the Kansas City "sub-chapter" from a current KC member (Parkville)

Welcome to the family. Nice looking coupe.

Welcome! Nice list of cars. Black ZHPs FTW! We also have a picture thread in the gallery section for black zhps.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Welcome.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast