Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Mine is about fifteen years old now. I just have the headphone jack lead coming out of the bottom of the console on the passengers side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dinan; Hign Flow Intake System, & Strut Tower Brace
    Turner Motorsports; Underdrive Power Pulleys
    Koni Sport, Bridgestone; Potenza RE-11, Coby Wheel
    Stewart High Performance Water Pump
    Hawk High Performance Street 5.0 Brake Pads
    Brembo Rotor

The purposeful face of a formidable athlete:

The spine-tingling 330i Performance Package.

Purchased CPO on 12/23/2006 with 28,090 miles

There is always a way to get wiring anywhere. You just have to have the patience and time to take things apart to get access to everything "behind the scenes."

I've had a majority of my dash apart just to feed wires through to keep things clean! My setup is a bluetooth device that has USB and headphone jack wires as you can see on the front seat thigh support. I have a 4 port USB power adapter wired in my glovebox connected to the flashlight power so that power will only turn on if the car is unlocked with the OEM 15 minute sleep timer that powers it off if no doors or lights are triggered. It also is on when engine is started.

Once my doors are unlocked bluetooth turns on and is connected to my phone before I drive off. The device also has a manual on/off switch should you need to keep it off and not connected to your phone when you are just fiddling/DIYing with your car.

I have the device positioned in the picture below:

This place is ideal because the steering wheel when straight will block any light that comes from the device at night and it's in a good position for where I speak should I need to make or take a call since there is a mic built into the device. Since it's not as fancy to integrate into the steering wheel, the controls to answer/hangup, play/pause/skip music is all right there. I think I paid $30 for it! It's not available anymore but there are several similar products on Amazon to find.
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Quote Originally Posted by papa_g View Post
    I want to figure out a way to get the aux input and power outlet on the side wall of that mini tray, although this may be impossible with the coin thing and cupholder in the way... or maybe I can do it like BMWCurves , and have the power outlet on the other side of the cup holder... OR WHAT IF one were to remove the coin thing completely (let's be real, who uses that thing anyway) and replace it with a nice, flush dual USB and AUX input..... I'm gonna look into it.
    Attack the back side of the coin thingy with a dremel? Only issue I see is the thing not staying shut once the spring is removed. I was going to go that route, but opted for the sunglasses bin. Then I got annoyed with the aux always being in the way when shifting, so I relocated it to the glovebox. It feeds perfectly to my Bimmian mount.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    Attack the back side of the coin thingy with a dremel? Only issue I see is the thing not staying shut once the spring is removed. I was going to go that route, but opted for the sunglasses bin. Then I got annoyed with the aux always being in the way when shifting, so I relocated it to the glovebox. It feeds perfectly to my Bimmian mount.
    I am thinking more along the lines of removing the coin carousel entirely; spring and all, so what is left is a rectangular-shaped hole. Then a, a comparably sized plastic panel with aux and power input could slide into its place. It makes sense to me when I think about it, but I would have to closely examine that particular piece of console to see if it is feasible. As Rovert said, you can get wiring anywhere, so I want to try and get inventive with this. If it works, I will post a DIY for sure, as I have not seen any pictures of this kind of placement.
    Maybe people will start calling it the 'papa_g mod'

guys
    i did it
    Name:  center console 2.jpg
Views: 2954
Size:  265.4 KB
    ~ 2005 330ci ZHP Silbergrau | Black cube | Leather ~
    Current Mods: Akebono brake pads, Bilstein B4 Rear Shocks, Beisan Systems VANOS Rebuild, G.A.S. DISA O-ring, Morimoto fog lights, StopTech SS brake lines, Subwoofer tennis ball mod, Switchback Angel Eyes (turn signal), Zimmermann drilled rotors.
    My project thread ---> http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...into-a-reality

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456