Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

OEM BMW Auxiliary Input

Does anyone have the oem aux input cable installed? I found a detailed guide on installing it, just wondering if anyone has done it this way. I can't think of a better place to install the jack with such a clean look like that. The only other thing I can think would be to run the cable under the center shifter/console and just have it hang out where I plug my dingoo in. Here's the guide: http://www.my330i.com/mod26.php

I ran it down behind the radio and mounted it in the back of the sunglass tray. Can't get much cleaner, imo, as the whole setup (including your mp3) is out of site but easily accessible.

Give me a few to fire up the laptop and I'll post some pics.

DIY Here
    Last edited by kayger12; 01-02-2011 at 06:52 AM.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Here ya go

^^^
    Finished product-- can't get much cleaner than that.

I was able to fit my giant first generation Microsoft Zune in there and have the flip door closed with no problem. That way you can continue to grind the twisties without your mp3 becoming an impromptu Newton's First Law of Motion experiment.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Yeah that is a good spot, too. I guess this one is all in where you want to place the jack. I usually put my wallet and keycard for work in that slot, but I can just throw them on the seat in transit. I'll have to decide where to put it once I get it.

Another option, although a little more involved, is the one the PO of my ZHP did: Removed the cup holders, installed the euro tray, and then ran the MP3 cable in there. (Not sure about the routing)

Sorry for the low light pics

And you can see it a little with normal light in this one

Fwiw, with or without the mp3 there, I like the look better than the cup holders...
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

That tray is pretty nice, and yeah it looks far better than cup holders. I don't really understand the cup holders. If there are 2, why is one of them covered by the top of the armrest? When I get 2 drinks from mcdonald's, I have to drive back holding 2 huge cups that won't both fit flush in the holders, with the armrest flapped up behind them. I don't ever drink in the car, but I think I'd miss having at least 1 cup holder. Pretty much the only time I use it is at work for the mcdonald's transit of huge cups. I don't like risking it with the cardboard crap holders they give you. I've had soda spill in cars and it's a real sticky mess. If a mcdonald's huge size cup fits in that euro tray, I'll probably get it. LOL, can anyone confirm that?

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa330i View Post
    That tray is pretty nice, and yeah it looks far better than cup holders. I don't really understand the cup holders. If there are 2, why is one of them covered by the top of the armrest? When I get 2 drinks from mcdonald's, I have to drive back holding 2 huge cups that won't both fit flush in the holders, with the armrest flapped up behind them. I don't ever drink in the car, but I think I'd miss having at least 1 cup holder. Pretty much the only time I use it is at work for the mcdonald's transit of huge cups. I don't like risking it with the cardboard crap holders they give you. I've had soda spill in cars and it's a real sticky mess. If a mcdonald's huge size cup fits in that euro tray, I'll probably get it. LOL, can anyone confirm that?
    Never tried a large cup of soda, but a Starbucks Grande fits no problem
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

It's the fat upper portion of the cup that prevents 2 from fitting. I'm wondering if that would clear the euro pocket. If so, it's worth it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa330i View Post
    It's the fat upper portion of the cup that prevents 2 from fitting. I'm wondering if that would clear the euro pocket. If so, it's worth it for me.
    Good pics here:
    http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/ES83030/ES83030/

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast