Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I have my aux cable mounted in the sunglasses compartment. Personally, it drives me nuts because I have to wrestle with the wire to all get into the compartment when I want to disconnect and tuck it all in so I could close the door. It's pretty troublesome.
    If I was the one to install it (PO did it), I would have gotten the euro tray and snaked it through there.

If all goes well and the Dension setup gets installed, I plan on getting the euro tray and putting the iPod in there. Otherwise, I'll buy a spec.dock and use that instead, though they're really expensive...

Keith,
    For the euro tray, BavAuto has it cheaper by about $10 after shipping. Their price shipped to my door is $42.90, while ECS has it shipped for $51.23.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

I mounted mine in the Sunglasses compartment like kayger. Try to find a short cable and it will make your life a lot easier. The cord I have is about 5 inches long and its perfect. Its long enough for the ipod to stand up on the ash tray cover, and tuck back into the compartment quite easily. I'm very happy with the way its set up.

03 TiAg 330i ZHP
    -Alex

Quote Originally Posted by adb1028 View Post
    I mounted mine in the Sunglasses compartment like kayger. Try to find a short cable and it will make your life a lot easier. The cord I have is about 5 inches long and its perfect. Its long enough for the ipod to stand up on the ash tray cover, and tuck back into the compartment quite easily. I'm very happy with the way its set up.
    Mine isn't mounted with a jack though; it's just a hole drilled through the top of the compartment.
    I'd have to take out the radio just to replace the cable. More trouble than it's worth, honestly. It'll all be a moot point with the Dension setup.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Replaces your useless cupholder? F that I'm an American. No eating in my car though.
    - Derek

OK, I have to ask. What is your shift boot? Did you order it one inch shorter?
    -JJ
    2005 Zhp Sedan (Sold), back in the 2004 Allroad 2.7t

Quote Originally Posted by jjcools View Post
    OK, I have to ask. What is your shift boot? Did you order it one inch shorter?
    Mine?
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

I think so, it looks like there is a pic with a black leather boot. I might be looking at it wrong.
    -JJ

Quote Originally Posted by jjcools View Post
    I think so, it looks like there is a pic with a black leather boot. I might be looking at it wrong.
    No, you're on it. My car was made in late '05, so it came with the leather steering wheel and shift boot.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Nuts!! I am trying to find out if I should order my new boot 1 inch shorter for a better fit. I guess I have a bit before I order so I will search around some more. Thanks

And I really like the leather boot, that Alcantara just does not age will on those parts.
    -JJ

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa330i View Post
    Does anyone have the oem aux input cable installed? I found a detailed guide on installing it, just wondering if anyone has done it this way. I can't think of a better place to install the jack with such a clean look like that. The only other thing I can think would be to run the cable under the center shifter/console and just have it hang out where I plug my dingoo in. Here's the guide: http://www.my330i.com/mod26.php
    this is what I did...very satisfied with where I put it. I bought the extra $10 line in cord from BMW but I ended up not liking it, as the end (in the second pic) sticks out. Got an angled connector now.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast