Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I like that option, 808.

Almost went that route myself.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Quote Originally Posted by 808ZHP View Post
    what did you end up doing?
    http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...iary-Input-DIY
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

yeah saw that right after i posted that

Quote Originally Posted by 808ZHP View Post
    yeah saw that right after i posted that
    All good. It took me a minute to find it and I wrote the frieken thing.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

Mine was mounted on the left wall of the glove box. I actually ended up moving it so that the cord is loose, coming out of the passenger's side of the center console next to the armrest. It's better than I just made it sound!

Quote Originally Posted by kayger12 View Post

What are the aluminum pedals pictured here? Haven't seen those?

Those are M pedals. Not sure if those are made by BMW or knockoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    What are the aluminum pedals pictured here? Haven't seen those?
    M pedals from Mod Bargains.

Had them on for around 9 months.

Love em.

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

alright so this weekend i attempted the DIY for the AUX kit. turned out to be quite the little project. mind you, i'm no mechanic and have very little experience working on cars. so this was fairly ambitious for me. anyways, i used a number of DIY guides i found on various forums, mainly the one at

http://www.my330i.com/mod26.php#P

which for the most part was pretty good. first hiccup was the sunglass tray removal. ended up using a screwdriver to very forcefully pop it out. after 30 mins or so of effort i finally got it out. next issue was deciding where to place the jack. at first i thought about the DSC button panel just like in that DIY above, but it seemed like it would be less work and a better setup to route the cable down past the shifter and into my new euro tray that i bought (just like kayger12's setup in the pics above).

so i realized i would have to drill a hole in the tray. problem there was i didn't think of how close the front edge of the tray is to the larger plastic covering piece of the console that it locks into. there isn't enough room to fit the cable. so that's why you see one hole right in the middle. i thought maybe if i drilled a second hole closer to the bottom corner of the tray that the audio cable would be less kinked and work better. so that's what i did and where i ended last night with the audio jack placed in the corner, attached to the little circular fastener piece on the inside of the tray.

fast forward to this morning and i realize there isn't sound coming from the passenger side speakers. i take out the stereo (again) and check the connections to the harness, all good. then i remove the tray and see that the end of the audio cable has been bent pretty hard at a kink. i fiddle with it for a bit and realize this is causing the audio problems. when i removed the tray and the cable was straight the sound was perfect. at this point i decided that the easiest and cheapest solution would be just to drill a bigger hole in the tray and run the entire end of the cable into the tray instead of just the little hole for the jack. below are some pics. i probably will leave it like this since it's working and for the most part is still in line with how i wanted it to be from the start.

--Wes--

04 330i ZHP Oxford Green/Natural Brown
    04 330Ci ZHP Silvergrey/Alcantara (RIP)

I have the longer version of the eurotray and I have both my aux-in cable and my iPod cable in there. It works perfect for me since I never eat or drink in the car other than the occasional bottle of water.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast