Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

DW77 BBS Rim Refinish woes

Figured I would just start a thread.....for documentation....

Initial.

This is what happens when you run into a BBS rim... With another car in the shop.

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Rim re-finish UNSAT. I told them when the guy gets the right paint....to give me a call.

Rim Refinish Pic 3.21.12 by Dane Wilson77, on Flickr
    Quote Originally Posted by M0nk3y View Post
    That's annoying. My car went back to the shop 3 times before they got the paint job right.

Way to not accept it. How bad is it? Can't see detail on phone

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
    Look at the 1,2,3 O clock spokes and webs. The guy used a paint that is has metallic in it.......looks grey in the pic above.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornung418 View Post
    I see it now. It helped to cross my eyes a little bit. That's not the same color...Looks like they'll be getting some shit from you!
    The owner of the shop didn't see it either. He was looking for the damage... Which looks good.... But he wasn't looking at the rim as a whole.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryans323i View Post
    Took me awhile to see the problem too. Glad you noticed it right off. Hope things go smoothly for you.
    Rim is back in the shop today. We'll see.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryans323i View Post
    ^^
    Got a call from shop last night. They said rim wouldn't be done because, "that there BBS rim takes a special paint! "

No sheet Sherlock.

Supposed to pick up at noon.

I really hate not having the ZHP on weekends. Ugh.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Quote Originally Posted by nike001 View Post

Well at least you know they figured out how to do it right this time instead of getting it back with sub-par quality again!
    Rim not ready at noon. Will be ready at 1500.

"That there rim takes special paint!".

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Yeah. Kinda skeered to go git it!

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Well....just picked up the rim. He could not "Match that there special paint".......and "it actually looks like that there rim is powder coated".

No sheet.

He will be telling shop Monday. Will be getting quote for powder coat.

UGH...........

Spokes starting at 6,7,8,9 are the ones affected.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Not even remotely close. Ew

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

"That there rim" in all its' glory.
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

Willing to bet the average passerby would never notice.... But damn... These rims (and tires) are new!

Sorry... Venting.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Sent from my outdated Droid X
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Sorry DDub.

Please visit my build page here, on CarDomain.

Ahhh... It is what it is. Like the wife says, "Be thankful for what you have and don't worry about what you don't have"

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

DW,

There's some wisdom in what your wife said Hope you will resolve your rim issue...

DW...............Worst case...........They buy you a new set of BBS rims, you sell me yours (at a very low price) and the world is a better place. Seriously, love those rims and they look "killer" on your ride...best of luck brother!

Gary
    2004 ZHP Coupe TiAg 6mt
    "I never said it was special"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast