Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Good to hear!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

I had acquired two (1 under each seat) of the "incorrect" boxes with brackets and screws from ECS and had not installed them when I first read this thread. So I was pretty bummed. But while installing my Pedalbox last week, I figured I would go ahead and at least install the first aid box brackets and wait until I could find the correct boxes. For giggles, I went ahead and tried to install one box under the passenger seat and instantly encountered the problem described - box is too deep and hits a bar under the seat. Out of a bit of frustration, I smacked the box pretty good and somehow, someway, it snapped into place! I could tell the rear of the box dropped down a bit to clear the bar, but it was otherwise secure. Hard to describe but to me, it felt like the box fit as intended. I reinstalled the seat, tested all of the seat movements, including the thigh bolster, and everything works perfectly.

So what the hell, I went ahead and did the same on the driver seat. Same result, however, that box took a bit more effort and didn't seem to fit quite as naturally as the passenger side. But everything works properly, go figure.

One thought for convertible owners - the bracket actually takes three (3) screws - front left, front right and rear - though the 2 front screws are probably adequate. If you omit the rear screw, or don't tighten it fully, there might be enough play in the bracket to allow it to drop down a bit so the rear part of the box clears the seat bar. I installed the rear screw tightly on both of mine and it still "fit" but as I described, I had to force the boxes into place.

Glad it worked for you. It seemed clear to me that the one I bought originally wasn't going to go on without interference. And luckily John in VA pointed out, the convertible does call for a different box (the one I just finally installed) that doesn't have the bump out on the bottom that hits the bar.

So sounds like 2 good outcomes
    Pete

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234