Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I need to buy an oil level sensor, is the oem one a must?

I need to change it, its coming on at random times and is annoying. I went on Autohausaz and they have two listed.

A Hella OEM for $91.56 or an URO Parts Alternate Brand for $38.45

I was wondering what peoples input is on this as ive read the oem one is best obviously but I was wondering if anyone has used the other with any issues. I will be going with what you guys suggest on this one since im in the dark.

Thanks again as always
    Love Whitexi

"I don't care if the door gaps are straight. When the driver steps on the gas I want him to sheet his pant's." Enzo Ferrari

Conventional wisdom is to go OEM whenever you're dealing with sensors.

I'd go OEM, but if money was an issue I'd be willing to roll the dice on the Uro.

Sent from my outdated Droid X
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Don't buy a cheap knockoff. I did some research on E46fanatics and they claim the alternate brands are complete shit. The OEM brand is Hella and it is what I would go with. Lucky for you I did some research and found it here for only $85, cheapest around.

E46Fanatics thread
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

A friend of mine just changed out his with an aftermarket part and continued to have the faulty oil sensor light on the dash. He installed the OEM sensor, and the light is now gone.

Uro is a decent brand.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

this just reminded me that I've been putting this off for quite a while now. I even bought the part but my garage ate it so I'm going to have to pick up another one. I'm good about checking my oil so it hasn't been that big a deal to me but it will be the next part I buy for the 330...

I would think that the URO is decent if autohausaz is selling it but I wanted to ask. I am not changing my oil yet ive got some time.

"I don't care if the door gaps are straight. When the driver steps on the gas I want him to sheet his pant's." Enzo Ferrari

On my old Chevy truck I had 4 O2 sensors. The dealer wanted $125 each for OEM so I decided to get aftermarket ones for $85. I had two bad ones out of the 4 so I got two new NGK brand sensors. They lasted a few months and went bad. I replaced them with the OEM sensors and they lasted 6 years. Should of went OEM in the first place. A mechanic once told me to always change sensors or electrical items with OEM whenever possible.

Live and Learn
    BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

Quote Originally Posted by WOLFN8TR View Post
    On my old Chevy truck I had 4 O2 sensors. The dealer wanted $125 each for OEM so I decided to get aftermarket ones for $85. I had two bad ones out of the 4 so I got two new NGK brand sensors. They lasted a few months and went bad. I replaced them with the OEM sensors and they lasted 6 years. Should of went OEM in the first place. A mechanic once told me to always change sensors or electrical items with OEM whenever possible.

Live and Learn
    Sometimes you can get away with using aftermarket parts in your car. But you can't ever go wrong with OEM, or OE for that matter. Aftermarket parts are cheaper for a reason.
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

I went cheaper. No probs so far. 5000 miles though, so not a real comparable. And I thought what I bought from autohauz was oe, just not oem.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk
    "No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of"

09 135i Msport 6mt
    04 330i ZHP (sold)
    David

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast