Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Question Shark Injector??? How do I Tell???

I got an informative PM the other day from another member who test drove my car a few weeks before I bought it.

His opinion is that my car might have had either the Shark injector or some other kind of software update as he had driven several different ZHPs over the last few months and this one stood out as noticeably faster than the others.

So my question is this-- is there any way to determine if some type of upgrade like Shark has been done?
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Wonder if the software recognizes and maybe registers the vin? Would prevent multiple uses. May contact the manufacturer?
    -ADAM

Quote Originally Posted by kayger12 View Post
    I got an informative PM the other day from another member who test drove my car a few weeks before I bought it.

His opinion is that my car might have had either the Shark injector or some other kind of software update as he had driven several different ZHPs over the last few months and this one stood out as noticeably faster than the others.

So my question is this-- is there any way to determine if some type of upgrade like Shark has been done?
    The Shark Injector Tune usually come with some sort or handle device that is plugged into the vehicle's OBDII Port and loaded. I have a custom tune on my ZHP from Active Autowerke and a way I can instant tell if a vehicle has been tuned is by the throttle response. The factory file has just a sluggish response one the throttle is flipped. Let me know if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphatek45 View Post
    Wonder if the software recognizes and maybe registers the vin? Would prevent multiple uses. May contact the manufacturer?
    Good thought. Can definitely give that a try. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AAZHP View Post
    The Shark Injector Tune usually come with some sort or handle device that is plugged into the vehicle's OBDII Port and loaded. I have a custom tune on my ZHP from Active Autowerke and a way I can instant tell if a vehicle has been tuned is by the throttle response. The factory file has just a sluggish response one the throttle is flipped. Let me know if that helps.
    I'll pay careful attention to the throttle response tomorrow. Might have to wait until I hook up with another ZHP for comparison purposes before I can really tell.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

I imagine you can also get a dealer, or indy, to check to see if your software has been altered. The person checking should be able to tell whether the ECU has been modified.

Good thought-- wonder how that would affect the CPO Warranty that I'm still under...
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

Having it checked at the Dealership is kinda tricky to do since you have CPO Warranty Remaining. Because the Dealer will charge you minimum 1.0 Hour for Diagnostic Fee and may or may not void your remaining warranty all depending on the tech and shop foreman that is working on your car.

I didn't realize you were still under CPO. Find a buddy at an indy shop. See if they can check for you.

That said, I had a Shark on my first BMW ever. Car was under warranty. Used to take it to the dealer all the time. Jim Conforti seems to have had a good relationship with BMW. Never had any issues.

Do you have a tech you work with at the dealer, Keith?

Yeah-- under CPO until September 2011.

Have never set foot in a dealer for a repair. Did everything on the 325i myself.

Was planning on taking it into the local dealer soon to start the battle over the vanos rattle. It's slight, but it's there. If it wasn't under CPO I would just do the Vanos seals/rattle myself, but if I can get a new unit dropped in under warranty, might as well.

Figure I'll have to go through a few cycles of the, "we don't hear anything, can't reproduce it" garbage.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus-SanDiego View Post
    I didn't realize you were still under CPO. Find a buddy at an indy shop. See if they can check for you.

That said, I had a Shark on my first BMW ever. Car was under warranty. Used to take it to the dealer all the time. Jim Conforti seems to have had a good relationship with BMW. Never had any issues.

Do you have a tech you work with at the dealer, Keith?
    Funny that you mentioned aftermarket companies working with the Dealership. Actually couple of my friends from my local BMW Dealership was telling me Dealerships are starting to removing Dinan Products. Which makes sense since they want to increase to Market on the "BMW Performance Group" Products. The Active Autowerke Performance Software is undetectable to the Dealership unless you physically tell the Dealership "Hey I have Performance Software in my car" at that point the Dealership will be more than glad to void your warranty and charge you a Arm and Leg for any basic service.

Quote Originally Posted by kayger12 View Post
    Yeah-- under CPO until September 2011.

Have never set foot in a dealer for a repair. Did everything on the 325i myself.

Was planning on taking it into the local dealer soon to start the battle over the vanos rattle. It's slight, but it's there. If it wasn't under CPO I would just do the Vanos seals/rattle myself, but if I can get a new unit dropped in under warranty, might as well.

Figure I'll have to go through a few cycles of the, "we don't hear anything, can't reproduce it" garbage.
    I would recommend recording a video of the cold start vanos rattle and then take it into the dealership and get that done before the warranty expires. If they don't do anything about it make sure you have them put it writing and send it off the BMW NA.
    Last edited by AAZHP; 01-04-2011 at 08:03 PM.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast