Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    So even if mash the gas pedal, I only get 70 percent of the available power at the wheels? What a jip. Anyone know what the power is at the wheels for our car stock?

I always figure we have parasitic loss of 15% with manual. Maybe 18-20% with auto. 235x0.85=199.75 hp at the wheels with 15% loss.

Quote Originally Posted by AAZHP View Post
    Yes, the Shark Injector has the ability of raise the Rev Limiter to 7K but honestly it does not provide all of the benefits of having a "Performance Tune". With the Active Autowerke Performance Tune I have on my ZHP it is tuned the Performance Bolt On Modifications I have on the vehicle which include my Gruppe M CAI, Performance Headers & Performance Exhaust System. Also my Software tune is configured to the 93 Octane that we have available here in Florida providing efficient consumption of gasoline, along with off-road options such as CEL Delete (For Performance Headers) and Removal of Top Speed Governor to cross the 155+MPH BMW has equipped.

Those of you looking for Performance Software Please feel free to reply or PM me with any questions and I will be more than glad to help out the ZHP community.
    I'm not a salesperson, but the Shark Injector is a performance tune that uses 93 octane fuel and removes the factory governor.
    Lance
    Autobahn South
    S/ASH
    My car finds your lack of faith disturbing

Quote Originally Posted by pyreguy View Post
    I'm not a salesperson, but the Shark Injector is a performance tune that uses 93 octane fuel and removes the factory governor.
    And sharpens up throttle response. By how much is arguable.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

I noticed a difference in acceleration, but the biggest thing was that it smoothed out the torque curve dramatically. I'm happy with it. It increased my smiles-per-gallon.
    Lance
    Autobahn South
    S/ASH
    My car finds your lack of faith disturbing

Quote Originally Posted by pyreguy View Post
    I noticed a difference in acceleration, but the biggest thing was that it smoothed out the torque curve dramatically. I'm happy with it. It increased my smiles-per-gallon.
    Did it get rid of the annoying jerking while accelerating slowly in first gear?
    I drive as smoothly as I can, so I know it's not me...
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Gawd I hate this. Really!
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    I drive as smoothly as I can, so I know it's not me...
    Well, mine doesn't do this. Another clue perhaps?
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Shark injector

I have a shark on my m3. It does give quicker throtle response and a lot better feel . Don't know about hp but a lot more fun to drive. Also better gas mileage, have Sean 29 mpg on long trips @ 2800 rpm.

Well-- time to resurrect this puppy.

Being down around the Sharked ZHPs in Williamsburg had me thinking that I really need to know if mine has the Shark installed or not.

I decided to shoot the fine folks over at Shark an email and see if there's any easy way to tell if my car has the shark installed-- maybe a record of VINs, for example.

Here's what I got back:

There is a possibility it has a Shark Injector on it, however there is no
    way for me to tell you yes or no on that. We don't ask for a VIN at any
    time during the process, so I have no idea there.

The only real way to find out is to see where the rev limiter is. The Shark
    Injector raises the limiter to 7000rpm. You need to hold it on the limiter
    for a few seconds to allow the tach to catch up. It is kind of crude, but
    that is the only way to detect the use of aftermarket software.

Thanks,
    Justin

So, as much as its gonna give me agida, it looks like I'm gonna have to bounce her off the limiter...
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast