Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hard start, fuel smell sometimes

I'm finding my ZHP 04 is getting hard to start. Doesnt matter if it's hot or cold (outside nor engine temp) sometimes it does it, sometimes it does not, but. most often it does.
    Seems i have to press the gas to get it to start and then it feels rough for about 5-10 seconds then everything is normal.
    I've checked all my intake boots, no cracks/leaks.
    Any other ideas?

Maybe a leaky or faulty injector?

+1 on an injector problem. Are you throwing any misfire codes? If so, you could try to start diagnosis with the swap method... Swap the plug first with a cylinder not misfiring, if no change, then swap the coil, and then lastly the injector.

Well...I ordered and installed new ignition coils last night (performance coils from bavauto.com) and while in there i looked at the fuel rail and all around the top of the engine and i see no leaks at all. So if the thoughts are it's a faulty injector...does anyone have information on how to remove these and check them and reinstall them? Would i also be able to clean them out and get them working again cause these suckers are EXPENSIVE from a quick look at pelican.
    also...would i need to go back in with new orings or is this something i could just go do quick, give them a good cleaning and rule out?

It's a good idea to use new o-rings, but if they look okay and you are in a pinch it's worth a shot.

Your fuel filter might need replacing.
    Jet Black. Still Stock ...with tint.

ok used my bently manual today and took them out. found some videos on youtube using a syringe and a battery to supply power to them and i backwashed them first then forward like normal operation. looks like the backflush pushed out some stuff, nothing major just the choke and throttle cleaner was coming out discolored. ran it till it came out clear then reversed and ran them like normal. funny these things just have 2 jets and not 4. anyhow all back together and it seems to start fine now. I could definately tell a MAJOR difference on launching from a stop. but of course i want to see it start for a few days and long/short trips without the issue reappearing.
    Man..this was an EASY job to do. took longer to clean them than removing and putting them back it.
    So the next question.....with 173k on my car was it just 'time' or should i worry about my filter? or where i get my fuel from?
    I also cleaned the holes they mount down into...each hole looked like more gunk than in the previous one the back was the worst the front the best.

^ Sounds like a great job researching, troubleshooting, and fixing.

Post up those links if you have them handy. I'm sure they'd be a big help to people who find their way to this thread with the same problem.

Sent from my outdated Droid X
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Quote Originally Posted by kayger12 View Post
    ^ Sounds like a great job researching, troubleshooting, and fixing.

Post up those links if you have them handy. I'm sure they'd be a big help to people who find their way to this thread with the same problem.

Sent from my outdated Droid X

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=571302

Great resource. Thanks.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast