Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I don't see the high performance coils doing anything better than the OEM ones.
    I once had high performance wires installed in my E30 (used cap and rotor at the time) and they made no difference.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

My car has been running rough at idle for the past few days and now my Service Engine Soon light came on. In researching this a little on the internet it looks like it could be a bad ignition coil or spark plug. You guys have any comments on this? Thanks!
    gerMANIAC

Could be. Best way to narrow down is to get the codes read.

If you get a misfire code with a cylinder #, you can swap coil packs and verify that you have a bad pack.

How long have the plugs been in?

When was the last time the valve cover gasket was changed?
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

I believe the plugs are original. I found some info from bmp design showing how to verify if you have a bad coil. I think I will try this first and proceed from there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z37jl4HXQjg
    gerMANIAC

Well that's certainly one way to do it.

Let us know how you make out.

If you don't narrow it down with that, let us know if you get the codes read. Could be several other things besides plugs and coils.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Quote Originally Posted by kayger12 View Post
    Well that's certainly one way to do it.

Let us know how you make out.

If you don't narrow it down with that, let us know if you get the codes read. Could be several other things besides plugs and coils.
    Fuel injectors are also another possibility. But if your car is around 100K miles, its probably the spark plugs or ignition coil pack.

As for spark plugs, does anyone know how big the gap is supposed to be?
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

I got an error code P0171 - system too lean...

http://www.obd-codes.com/p0171

Possible solutions listed in the attached link - anybody else ever receive this code...
    gerMANIAC

Yes. Both e46's I had. It was caused by torn intake boot. Tear was on smaller hose that goes to icv.

Inspect intake stream for a leak.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Yep-- most likely the intake boot like DW said.

Common issue. Easy fix.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

Quote Originally Posted by Newjack View Post
    Fuel injectors are also another possibility. But if your car is around 100K miles, its probably the spark plugs or ignition coil pack.

As for spark plugs, does anyone know how big the gap is supposed to be?
    The style of plugs used in our cars have a preset gap from the factory. No need to adjust the gap.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast