Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Need a beater...

So... I've turned fanatic about the way the ZHP is treated by others... eating, shoes, dirt, slamming the door, touching the paint when it's dirty, parking away from everyone, etc. To the point I feel like I'm being a dick about it. It's either time to park it, sell it or get a beater. I dunno.

The concern comes from my 'not special' car becoming ordinary. Having a family of four sure is hard on it. Every time I turn around someone is putting their feet on the dash board, their shoes on the leather seats, trying to eat something or bring a drink on board. The car is 7 years old and has NO dings. Rock chips on the hood? Yes. No leather damage... It's in really good shape. I want to keep it that way. So...

Time to ponder...
    ------
    A Venza just isn't the same as a ZHP.

I know EXACTLY what u mean I feel like a dick every time I make sure my wife isn't eating, drinking or doing anything messy in the car the feet on the dash thing annoys the hell out of me too.... I've been think of doing a beater pickup so the cars stays nice

~Steve
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mods: Smoked corners, smoked side markers, smoked tails, 35% tint, CF kidney grills, debadged, angel eyes, 3000k HID Fogs, OBX exhaust, Sharked, solo werks S1 coilovers, front and rear strut brace, AUX cable
    "I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone built it for me"

Haha, you can always tell them that if they have their feet on the dash in the event of an accident, the airbag is going to turn them into a pretzel. Maybe that would be good inspiration for your passengers to keep their feet off the dash. Worked for me with a friend many moons ago in college.

There has to be a polite way of telling them that it drives me insane

~Steve
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mods: Smoked corners, smoked side markers, smoked tails, 35% tint, CF kidney grills, debadged, angel eyes, 3000k HID Fogs, OBX exhaust, Sharked, solo werks S1 coilovers, front and rear strut brace, AUX cable
    "I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone built it for me"

Just pick up a high mileage older e46. That way you still have the "feel" of a bmw to daily drve, you can mod it and wrench on it cause you already know the car, and if you or the kids spill something in it sure you will get a little cranky but it won't be the end of the world. There are tons of e46's out there between $6000-10k just screaming for some love.

2002 330XI Saloon
    2005 ZHP
    2013 XC90 R-Design

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyrad View Post
    Just pick up a high mileage older e46. That way you still have the "feel" of a bmw to daily drve, you can mod it and wrench on it cause you already know the car, and if you or the kids spill something in it sure you will get a little cranky but it won't be the end of the world. There are tons of e46's out there between $6000-10k just screaming for some love.
    True that...I'm looking at a 98 325i that is just sitting there at the body shop cause the owner hasn't finalized the repairs and given the go ahead for the mechanic to finish it. It's been sitting there for a year now and the owner of the shop goes out every week and starts it and drives it and puts fresh gas in it. I have told him i would take it off the guys hands, but he hasn't been able to get ahold of the guy that owns it. I'm about to just tell him to get a mechanics title on it. I hate just seeing it sit there not being driven or loved
    2001 325i Sport Package / Rebuilt Motor at 194K / Lemforder M3 Motor Mounts / Thule Roof Rack / Eagle Eye Clear Tail Lights / Lemforder Sway Links
    BMW Performance Shift Knob / Alcantra Shift Boot / BBS Wheels / 15% Tint
    RIP - 2009 335i xDrive / Twin Turbo / Cold Weather Package / Premium Package / 15% Tint
    ER Chargepipe / Tial BOV / Dual Cone Intake / OEM Roof Rack

My wife and kids don't know any different.

I was anal about my cars before the ZHP.

When they complain about how I am now, I tell them that they're lucky I even let them ride in it.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Quote Originally Posted by kayger12 View Post

When they complain about how I am now, I tell them that they're lucky I even let them ride in it.
    2003 Mystic Blue 330i ZHP 6 MT

born in germany | delivered to baltimore | spent time in texas | resides in utah
    aFe ProDry S Air Filter | Dinan Stage 1 Software | H&R 27mm Front Sway Bar
    Bridgestone RE760 | StopTech Street Performance Pads
    BMW OEM Clear Corners & Side Markers | Ziza LED Light Kit | AL Bi-Xenon Retrofit | BSW Soundplicity iPod Integration

Quote Originally Posted by kayger12 View Post
    My wife and kids don't know any different.

I was anal about my cars before the ZHP.

haha I know that feeling. If my kids are going for a ride in my ZHP I make them wash their hands before they get in, or else I'll have smudgy windows.

2002 330XI Saloon
    2005 ZHP
    2013 XC90 R-Design

See now check this bad boy out... looks clean, low miles, manual, and for the win a touring e46, and looks dying to be snatched up. Of course assuming it checks out with a clean history and good test drive. You could probably get it for $8k or less. Chuck the kids in the back and Wally World here we come!!

http://www.bmwoftenafly.com/detail-2...d-8537561.html

2002 330XI Saloon
    2005 ZHP
    2013 XC90 R-Design

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast