Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Headlights

Headlights

just curious.....

those of you that didn't get factory xenons - have you upgraded?

i've got halogens on my zhp, and i'm considering the idea of xenons. i put them in my
    e34 and have them in my e36 - they're amazing.

in reading around the various forums, it looks like the choices are aftermarket or OEM.

any thoughts?

i'm normally biased against most aftermarket stuff, however; i've had some pretty good success with aftermarket xenon retrofits....
    - now with 5 speeds

I also have halogen lights. The PO did not opt for xenons. I've already yelled at him for that. Ha!

I'm in the same boat as you. I will be upgrading to an aftermarket xenon unit. It's not on my priority list at the moment, so I have not got serious about the decision. I'm told that DDM has some good options.

There is also this, though: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...=8227#post8227

great link - thank you for posting that.......

*laughs*

that thread pretty much summarizes my research.
    a fellow ZHP owner here in the area (i've told him about this awesome forum) had the projector bowl burn out issue on his ZHP and opted for the lightwerkz upgrade. it was amazing, the difference.

i've purchased from DDM before - the lights on my e36 came from them. for the price, hard to beat, but i did have to resolder some wiring before they worked..... so, you get what you pay for.....

I also don't really want angel eyes - just don't think its necessary. so, that generally rules out aftermarket since they almost always come with AE.

OEM makes sense, but it seems like its a crapshoot as to the quality of the item you are buying since its used, and in some instances, possibly stolen.
    Obviously, new OEM just doesn't make sense financially.

If I could find an OEM set at the right price I'd probably go with a lightwerkz upgrade and call it good.......
    - now with 5 speeds

I'm leaning toward Lightwerkz as well.

Just dont get ZKW's....
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I thank God every time I open my hood and see that AL symbol there...
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

agreed.....although, if they were the right price (ie, cheap and complete) I'd consider buying a set of ZKW's with the idea to have a lightwerkz retrofit done immediately...
    - now with 5 speeds

Definitely getting an FX-35 retrofit, and I already have the Xenons (ZKW) -- what does that tell you? lol

You can't go wrong with the Lightwerkz setup.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

There was another thread on this on Fanatics I think and there is another light company out of the Bay Area that does somthing similar to lightwerkz. I will try and find the name for you.
    -JJ
    2005 Zhp Sedan (Sold), back in the 2004 Allroad 2.7t

Sorry, it was bf.c.

The place is Umnitza
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...ght=zkw&page=3
    -JJ
    2005 Zhp Sedan (Sold), back in the 2004 Allroad 2.7t

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast