Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Headlights

yes, it appears that coupes received projectors.....
    however, sedans it appears were optional - at least at parts of the production run. i believe, but haven't confirmed, that at some point in the sedans the ZHP package forced inclusion of Xenons.

i've already harassed my car's PO (and good friend) about cheaping out on the xenons.....

at least i haven't driven the e36 for a while (has DDM Xenons in it); that'll make me immediately consider swapping the halogens in the ZHP.

i'm comfortable with the swap, and can handle any computer/wiring that might need to be done - should be minimal - now it's just a matter of getting lucky on the right set of OEM lights so they can get the FX-R swap......
    - now with 5 speeds

Quote Originally Posted by shadowpuck View Post
    i'm comfortable with the swap, and can handle any computer/wiring that might need to be done - should be minimal - now it's just a matter of getting lucky on the right set of OEM lights so they can get the FX-R swap......

It would be interesting to see if they can modify the stock halogen housing for it. They're changing the projectors anyway and it has to be modified regardless, so it would be worth asking them if they could modify your housing to make them fit.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

that's something i've been thinking about as well. i don't know if they could source/supply the igniters, etc......but, that's a great idea and a good question to pose to them. my current lights are fine, other than the lenses need to be replaced. i've polished them and they are ok, but that'd be the perfect time to replace them.
    - now with 5 speeds

Quote Originally Posted by shadowpuck View Post
    i've already harassed my car's PO (and good friend) about cheaping out on the xenons.....
    Me, too. Jeff is a good sport about it. Fact is, Jeff paid cash for this car when it was new. Ain't like he didn't have the scratch to kick in for an additional $700. He simply thought that the xenons were not worth it.

Most of my cars have had xenon, so I find it tough to live without them.

understood. i think there was a period in time where xenons (like other technologies) were considered just a pricey upgrade without much benefit......
    - now with 5 speeds

SOB! I noticed one of my headlights was dimmer than the other but never checked it after that, so last night I went our to check and baaammmm. Al on one side and zkw on the other.

My only guess is the PO had one side replace under the CPO. Add another $$$$ to the list of needs.
    -JJ
    2005 Zhp Sedan (Sold), back in the 2004 Allroad 2.7t

Quote Originally Posted by jjcools View Post
    SOB! I noticed one of my headlights was dimmer than the other but never checked it after that, so last night I went our to check and baaammmm. Al on one side and zkw on the other.

My only guess is the PO had one side replace under the CPO. Add another $$$$ to the list of needs.
    Now that fricken sucks. When I swap stuff like that, they both get changed at the same time. Now you see why.

I don't see that headlight having been replaced under warranty. The dealer wouldn't make that mistake of putting in an entirely different and incompatible brand. How would they have not noticed that it's different from what's already there? Isn't the AL incompatible with a ZKW wiring/ballast setup?
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

i think, note *think*, you can use either without regard to wiring.....not 100% certain on that, though.

i do agree, though, i doubt it would be a dealer situation. any chance the vehicle has had any body work or anything?
    - now with 5 speeds

Quote Originally Posted by jjcools View Post

That is quite the dorky solution. My bet is PO did not know there were 2 different manufacturers...
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast