Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Members Only Section

Just a suggestion, I currently think you run a top notch site Marcus. Just thought I would throw this out there.

A members only forum that can only be seen by members and not anyone searching the site etc.

Back in my jeep days what we did in my club was have certain forums that new people could read and even participate in, but there were sections that they couldnt access as well unless they became a member. We had a lot of guidelines set in place (similar to zhpmafia) on how a person could be a member. For example: You had to have attended at least 1 meet and greet etc. Then in the members only section we would vote on the personality of the person and if they fit in with our group. If deemed they did, they became an actual member (instead of a forum poster) and they were granted full access to the site.

Now not saying we need to do all that, just making some suggestions. The reason I really liked our members only section was because we had a sticky in there with everyones name/contact info/etc.

This way if Marcus decides to go on a crazy cross country trip and then breaks down on I-83 north in Pennsyltucky. He can go on the forum, and see that BAM Cody is 2 miles from him and call my number. Then I break out the race team rescue truck and come assist you in the best way possible followed by a complimentary day spa treatment in my back yard hammock I just built.

Just food for thought, if you think its super redundant just tell me Im a tard and Ill be happy and go on about my day (which excludes your complementary day spa treatment Pennsyltucky style)

This was also good for our Jeeps because they break ALL THE TIME, guys the BMWs are a little better since we aren't smashing them against rocks
    MODS: Badassery | Pure Awesomeness | My Blog

That's actually not a bad idea. And frankly, we could move some of the "general off topic" chat threads into that section, as some of it is "personal".
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    That's actually not a bad idea. And frankly, we could move some of the "general off topic" chat threads into that section, as some of it is "personal".
    Yep, that's where all of our personal stuff was. The people that were members we're all people that were basically family like here. Back to what I said in my other thread. I see this site as a club of family members more than a forum.

I like this idea.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

I don't like that idea. I feel like a member already why become a "member only" person?

I vote for peace and love and sharing the moment and the story, not exclusivity behind closed threads.

My 2 cents.
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

To me, it's not about exclusivity... this site gets a million hits a month now. Things like personal stories, relationship issues, the possible fighter meet, stuff we share among friends are more "family" items than stuff that the world could/should see. Besides, you already have to be a "member" to join and post, so it's not really that different. I see what you're saying, I just view it differently. No issues either way. I've thought about this before but never came up with that (what I consider to be a) good idea.

EDIT: if we did go that route, it would take some work moving some of the topics around, and I'd be more than willing to help with that.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    To me, it's not about exclusivity... this site gets a million hits a month now. Things like personal stories, relationship issues, the possible fighter meet, stuff we share among friends are more "family" items than stuff that the world could/should see. Besides, you already have to be a "member" to join and post, so it's not really that different. I see what you're saying, I just view it differently. No issues either way. I've thought about this before but never came up with that (what I consider to be a) good idea.

EDIT: if we did go that route, it would take some work moving some of the topics around, and I'd be more than willing to help with that.
    Good way to say it. I understand what you're saying too though oli. I think you're just seeing in a different way or like most things I probably explained it horrible lol

Piece of cake to move that stuff. I do not know if we have the ability to "members only" a section with this software. Boss will know.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Piece of cake to move that stuff. I do not know if we have the ability to "members only" a section with this software. Boss will know.
    You should, we ran vbullitin on our site as well and did it.

Look at sisoffroad.com and a added bonus you'll see a picture of me on the home page you can stare at whenever you miss me.

Kinda like BF.cOT where you can't view that section unless you were logged into the forum. But I vote that we should have a post minimum. Say 200 or so, just to show that you're an active participant.
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast