Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Fog lights & fog light covers

I've had the car for about a month and a half now, and I just noticed something odd about my fog lights last night. My driver side light looks perfect, flat clear glass with a black ring around it. The passenger side... is not flat, but I believe it's called fluted. Not only that, but it's missing the plastic housing entirely, it's just kind of sitting there. I don't know how I didn't see this before. I was looking at just replacing the passenger one with a new assembly, then I remembered seeing some interesting looking configurations down in the space where the fog lights sit. I came across something called a Hamann style foglight cover. It's a replacement for the plastic around the foglight that goes across the entire space down there. I think it looks pretty awesome, but it seems hard to find - I can't find them on any of the regular sites. Here's what they look like on a flying m3:

Actually, I can't find them for anything but the m3 bumper. Does anyone know if these would fit our bumper, or if there is a version for our bumper somewhere? I'll post some pics of my fog lights in a few.

Driver's side:

Passenger's side:

wtf, right?

I can't 100% confirm but, from what I've seen, the "fluted" glass was OEM on the ZHP and the clear is OEM on the M3.

Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

That's the wrong part Dane

Correct ones look like this:

I have OEM ZHP fogs in a box here. I'll check to see what the difference is. I believe the PO swapped out the fogs for aftermarket glass.

Quote Originally Posted by mimalmo View Post
    That's the wrong part Dane
    Actually....I had the entire wrong bumper.....thanks Eli.....

now...this is the M Tech II.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...19&hg=51&fg=15

And this should be the part.....

http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/51117893068/ES74881/
    Last edited by danewilson77; 01-03-2011 at 08:14 AM.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

5 bucks? Awesome. And I just ordered from ecs, too... damn. On the list for the next round.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast