Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Time for new Suspension

Hey guys so I made a thread about 4 months ago to get your thoughts on coils but since I have trashed that idea and instead I'm getting shocks and springs. I'm looking at either Bilstein or H&R for shocks and springs are either going to be Eibach or H&R. What are your thoughts? I plan on buying in the next month or whenever I decide which combo I want haha

I want a sporty ride and will most likely get race springs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -Chris-

2003 ZHP Sedan - Jet Black on Sand - SOLD

How LOW can you go?

I mean how low do you want to go? I recently saw Das Boots' ZHP on Bilstein with H&R sport springs and felt the ride height looked perfect to me, just slightly lower than stock, but some might want MOAR LOWER.

I want it low haha. Not low enough that I'll need to re-do my offset but low haha. I am rolling my fenders at sigfest this year btw. 1-2" is fine which is why I'm looking at race springs. Some pics of different combinations would be awesome to compare though!

Also which bilstein shocks do y'all get? The sports, hd's, tourings?

-Chris-

PM'd you with my experience.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Replied!

What do you all suggest for springs between eibach and h&r and shocks between bilstein and h&r?

-Chris-

My ZHP has almost 118,000 miles on the original suspension. I am not interested in increased performance or lowering (ok will a little lower). What is a good source of replacement springs and shocks/struts - best bang for buck?

nike001 Guest
    Can't go wrong with the H&R Sport Cup (H&R Sport Springs + Bilstein shocks)

I've heard better things about them than Eibach setups.. so that's why I got the H&R Sport Cup.

OP, If you want to go low.. I'd suggest getting the H&R/Bilstein shocks w/ Race Springs. johnrando found this thread before I could mention him in it for having those springs, so talking to him is a good thing to do. I'm here if you have any questions on the sport springs, too!

I've had no less than 3 setups on my car with the last being the pss10. I wish I did that first. I was looking for the best of both worlds and the best way to do that IMO and the springs/shocks setup didn't do it for me. With that said, I didn't try the sport cup kit but was on my list. I really wanted the adjustability with being as low as I am and wanting comfort with the ability to stiffen for autocrosses...
    I had the UUC sachs for longest and really liked it and was was very mild as far as a drop with a great ride. I still have it in a box but havent found a buyer yet...

Quote Originally Posted by bimmeryota View Post
    ............I still have it in a box but havent found a buyer yet...
    Wink, Wink, Nudge, Nudge.....
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Yeah, I've PM'd Chris.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast