Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I got mine from TMS w/o any research, so others may have better ideas.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

nike001 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by HokieZHP View Post
    Yeah that's what I figured. I do like nike101's setup. I'd love it to be just barely lower but I guess I could remove the lower pads if I wanted.

How is the performance with the h&r's? I've heard the eibachs aren't stiff enough which is why I strayed away from them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I knew I heard my name! I wish my suspension was a bit lower as well, but I can barely fit in my driveway as it is.. so anything lower will put me in a predicament. I'll also note that my suspension has settled in a bit since those pics were taken. (Those pics were taken only about a week after install, thus fresh)

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Dalton's aren't the race springs though, so yours would be slightly lower. I believe it's 1.1 front, .9 rear lowering with race off a SPORTS suspension are the #'s quoted. And absolutely I mentioned to Chris that Vert rears w/b lower than other cars.

Finally, as I've said before, in my research I always read glowing things about H&R so I rolled the dice and went for it. There are probably a few brands/setups that you can't go wrong with though...it's a tough decision.
    Yup, I never read anything bad about this set up. I only saw that this set up is a bit rougher than the FSD kit, but they both handle about the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by HokieZHP View Post
    Also can you guys think of anything else I'll need? I plan to also buy:

-Front strut re-enforcement places
    -RSM's- Are these really necessary?
    -Do I need new sway linkages?
    -Spacers?
    I got Front & Rear strut mounts
    Front strut reinforcement kit
    10mm Front & 12mm Rear spacers (though I would like my fronts to be a bit more flush; rears are perfect IMO)

Thanks for the info! I may do spacers once I have my shocks and can see it in person. I'll do some research on end links but suggestions are welcome!

-Chris-

2003 ZHP Sedan - Jet Black on Sand - SOLD

Strut reinforcements plates are a good idea. They are cheap anyways! (under $30) I would suggest the RSM as well since it will make sure nothing gets messed up. Adjustable endlinks I do not believe are necessary when lowering but a good idea if you are going sway bars. I use stock front endlinks in the front with no problems. The rear I have UUC sway bars so they already came with endlinks.

I would suggest:

Strut Reinforcement Plates
    RSM
    Sway bars (so it comes with adjustable endlinks)

I also thought these specs are lower than the race..

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-36...r-cup-kit.aspx

E46 325/328/330i/Ci (with Sport package) H&R Sport Cup Suspension Kit (more info)
    Lowers 1.8" Front / 1.5" Rear
    Extreme lowering with a nice ride

Thats lowering from the sports height since this is what the nonsport says

E46 323/325/328/330i/Ci (non-Sport package) H&R Sport Cup Suspension Kit (more info)
    Lowers 2.1" Front / 1.7" Rear
    Extreme lowering with a nice ride

spacers are unnecessary and alot easier to add afterwards since they only require removing the wheels.

Does that kit use bilstein sport shocks?

They aren't adjustable are they?

-Chris-

nike001 Guest
    Yes

No

answered respectively

Hmm interesting. I am just not sure if I want it that low. Does it use race springs? Cause I'm thinking if it's too low I can just then get race springs and swap them. Or is there a way to raise it 1/2 inch or so if I think it's too low?

-Chris-

nike001 Guest
    I thought I saw somewhere that the Turner kit uses the Race springs instead of the normal Sport ones. I didn't understand it in the thread where I saw it, so I don't know how to convey it here.

I think you should be alright with Race springs. You CAN always switch them out for Sport springs. I don't think that there's any way of just raising the car with the Race springs..

So I'm confused then. Why is the h&r cup kit lower than just the bilstein sports and race springs? I'd the package different than if I bought them separately?

-Chris-

The H&R sport cup kit should have the H&R race springs. So the ride height should be the same, unless the Bilstein spring perch is higher up than the H&R strut spring perch. But that would only affect front ride height.

If the cup kit dampers are low-pressure twin-tube and the Bilstein dampers are high pressure monotube, that might make ride height slightly higher with the Bilsteins. Suppose the cup kit dampers are pressurized to 15psi with 1.5 square inches of piston area while the Bilsteins are pressurized to 45 psi with 2 square inches of piston area, then the Bilsteins would exert an additional upward force of about 67 lbs [(45*2)-(15*1.5)] at each corner of the car. If each corner weighs 800 lbs and your spring rates are 350 lb/inch front and 450 lb/inch springs in back, the car with the Bilstein monotubes would ride about 0.2 inches higher in front and back.

This is all speculation of course--I have no idea what the gas pressures or piston surface areas are inside the Billie Sports or cup kit dampers.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast