Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    2003 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2004 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2005 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2006 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    They were not perf if replaced by the dealer. When they came from the factory with leather, then it was with the perf sections. I think it was sometime in 05 when they stopped with the alcantara wheels, so any car with a leather wheel that's earlier than 05 has had the alcantara replaced.
    - Marc

That is correct. The Alcantara wheel literally came apart at the seams at 25K miles. The dealer said I get one free replacement courtesy of BMW. Leather or another Alcantara wheel .You can see what I picked. This reminds me of the 80's when I was in the BMW business in college. The L6 and L7 option was a full leather interior including the headliner and dash on 6 and 7 series cars. L stood for leather. The dashes cracked almost immediately on nearly all the cars. BMW gave a one time free replacement of either leather again or vinyl.

BMW is sometimes like topgear, "ambitious but rubbish".
    - Marc

Well I have had a number of email enquiries about my car. Several good questions that I think could be answered here. Im a bit new to all of this as you can see by the trouble I had even posting photo's. Frankly I dont know how. So here is some additional data:

I am the second owner. I had a (deceased now) bit of a crazy uncle (dosent everyone) who lived in N.J. alone in a three room house with one lamp, one table, one chair, B&W T.V. and nothing on the walls. He was however a car nut. When the ZHP package came out he had a 2001 330i he bought new and it had a whole 2600 miles on it. He drove an old Hyundai as a daily driver. We special ordered the ZHP (equipment discussed later) together at Princeton BMW in Nov. 2003. It came in a month or so later. He traded his 330i for it. He put 1400 miles on it and then got hot for the new Acura TSX that came out in 04. I had an E36 M3 Sedan that I sold and bought uncles car. Flew to Philly, took a shuttle to his humble little house and drove it home.

No accidents or paint work. A very small teeny tiny scratch above the drivers side passanger door handle I would probably have to point out to someone. No chips on front end. Paint looks like new. I only average about 12 miles a week with three stoplights.

After warranty most all maintenance was performed by me. Im much better in the garage than with computers! I have most all of the records. Im maintaining as many as five cars so I try to keep track (sometimes informally) as to what has been done when. The car has had 8 oil changes. The trans and diff was done around 30K. Coolant, brake fluid and power steering done 3 times, last in 2010. New wiper blades, filters, etc. in the last year. All hoses, belt,brakes, rotors are original and look fantastic. No additional issues except a passanger side front window regulator last month.

Modest winter driving. When it was really bad out I just had my wife take me to the office in her SUV. I only ever got the car out when the streets were clear and dry. My dad sent me some snow wheels and tires of his E90 sedan and I put them on and maybe put 300 miles on them. Once actually in snow. I never even put them on this winter.

Options. This is whats most unique about this car and what seems to raise the most interest at club functions especially with the true enthusiast. Only TWO options. Metallic paint and ZHP. No roof, no wing, no xenon, no heated seats (no problem with cloth) no fold down back seat. Everything else that is standard on a 330i is present ie. HK,memory seats, power locks and windows, etc. I told you uncle was a minimalist! As noted before the SA at BMW Minneapolis said a ZHP equipped this way (he had never seen another one) was the lightest and stiffest model you could order.

Condition. Im a humble guy and not a bragger but this car is freakishly clean inside and out. It won the BMW class last October in an all German car show out of 22 BMW's. Some nearly brand new. When the windows are up the back doors will hardly shut because they have nearly never been used. It nearly looks like brand new inside and out.

The car is listed as stock but from the pictures you can tell thats not entirely correct. I have installed the semi-gloss black kidney grills and uncle had the BMW factory splash guards installed at time of delivery. Inside I have also installed, all the way from Germany, the euro anthracite sun visors (ever seen a set of these?) with no airbag warning stickers on them. When I had a German friend pick these up I also added the euro tray that replaces the cupholder behing the shifter just for fun. Also included is a set of Coco mats and BMW rubber winter mats.

This one topic has promoted several emails. After I listed the car I realized that it really could use a set of tires. At least rears. Because the new owner will probably want to pick their rubber of choice I have decided to include (currently not installed but can be) the BMW Performance Carbon Fiber Strut Brace and matching BMW Performance Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake. I am keeping emails on all of you who have inquired about the bar and box. If they dont go with the car I will let you know. I can be contacted at GHenry@CFU.Net and can forward more pictures of the ZHP.

awesome update, i love the story behind ownership. and the inclusion of the strut bar/intake is super cherry. hoping a member picks this up ASAP!!
    --Wes--

04 330i ZHP Oxford Green/Natural Brown
    04 330Ci ZHP Silvergrey/Alcantara (RIP)

Thanks Webster. I do too!

If I could line someone up to by my 05' ZHP, I would scoop this up in a heartbeat. Your car has all the best combinations - color, mileage, no sunroof, no other needless options (IMO).

Great car. Great story. This is what car enthusiasm is all about. Someone buy this!!!!
    - Marc

Reduced: $17500.00 with performance strut bar and matching cai

DaMn. Well over $1k worth of add ons there........AnD price ReDuCeD.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast