Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Hit the trunk up with some detailing today, turns out I've got worse problems than I thought

Before (You can see that there's water spot etching in the clearcoat... I figured it'd be a quick buff out and done):

During (Using yellow lake country pads with menzerna's power gloss heavy cut polish):

You can still see etching in this corner ^

After:

You can see in the after image that the car still has some 'pitting' in the clear coat that I don't think I'm gonna be able to correct... is the only solution repainting?

I mean from 3 feet away it looks great, but you get up close and the light catches all the pitting and it just looks wtfugly

That's weird...my only thought would be to dr. colorchip it (aside from repainting it). I'd wait for Kyle or Ryan or someone to chime in.

I'm thinking the previous owner lived in an area with high acid rain or something... it's all over the hood, roof, and trunk of the car.

I am getting the hood resprayed, probably gonna black vinyl the roof (has other damage), and I guess I Might have to get the trunk fixed too.

that's a bummer...

I'm gonna ask the guy sprayin my hood how much for the roof and trunk... guessing it's not gonna be pretty lol

I'd be worried about the respray. How good is the shop? I also have a Mystic ZHP with some etching but I feel if I got it resprayed- I/we'd notice whatever paint defects may be made, since I/we noticed the etching, which most people wouldn't.
    - Derek

Quote Originally Posted by zhp43867 View Post
    I'd be worried about the respray. How good is the shop? I also have a Mystic ZHP with some etching but I feel if I got it resprayed- I/we'd notice whatever paint defects may be made, since I/we noticed the etching, which most people wouldn't.
    he's highly recommended in the ohiobimmer.com community. he also does respray jobs on classic cars, etc