Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    +1 need one too.

sent from dennis' personal electronic device

You just reminded me on this thread to file a claim with my insurer. 5er ran over something on the freeway the other day on pouring rain and knocked the bumper out of alignment and some road debris hit the windshield and knocked off a big chip. I told them that I want a OE windshield replacement....and no aftermarket. Have to wait for the call from adjuster. But will probably take care of this after my return in two weeks.
    Lawrence
    "But Mama....That's where the fun is!"
    BMW CCA #192742
    San Diego & Sin City Chapter
    NRA Lifetime Member

STABLE
    '90 M3 AWII - Garage Queen (The Crown Jewel)
    '20 X5 M Sport Tourquis Blue - #3 Son Ride
    '23 X5 M Sport Sapphire Black - #1 Son Ride
    '23 X5 M Sport Mineral White - Daughter & Grand Kids Ride
    '24 X4 M40i Brooklyn Grey - SO's New Ride
    '05 330i ZHP Mystic Blue Metallic 6 spd - My Ride
    '03 Nissan Frontier XE Crew Cab - Hauler & Down Range vehicle

Just remember... Safelite uses recycled non oem (not Pilkington) glass.

Got mine replaced through Windshield Guru w/ Pilkington glass for around $350.00.

Sent from SIGFest-2012, USA on HTC via TTv2
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

My insurance company referred me to safelite. What a crock. Their prices are ridiculous and they're telling you your getting some kind of screaming deal? LIARS!

can we get a group buy?
    Call me Seth
    CURRENT: 2016 Long Beach Blue BMW /// M2
    RETIRED: ‘15 F22 M235i | '08 E90 M3 DCT "GoinHAM3" | '04 E46 M3 6MT "WEGOHAM"
    '04 330i ZHP | '11 E82 135i | '08 E90 328xi | 07 E91 328xi SportWagon

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    If I wore panties, I'd be dropping them right now.

To add here, I need one too. I have A LOT of scratches on it from the wipers. A girl owned the car before me. Nothing like turing on the wiper to clear the glass without fluid. Looks like the OP did this many times. I think my car lived on a dirt road perhaps.

My rain sensor does not work either. I just get constant wiping when sensor is engaged. You think the scratches could cause the rain sensor to act up?

Maybe somebody came in the middle of the night and hit my windshield with a hammer?

Jk

Or am I..

18x8 CSL Wheels / Trunk Lip Spoiler / Painted rear bumper trim / Painted reflectors / Clear corners / Black headlight trim / USA Spec / LED tails / 25% tint
    LED license plate lights / Rockord Fosgate upgraded speakers / Kicker Hideaway 8" subwoofer

Group buy! Whee

Quote Originally Posted by mLuMaN83 View Post
    To add here, I need one too. I have A LOT of scratches on it from the wipers. A girl owned the car before me. Nothing like turing on the wiper to clear the glass without fluid. Looks like the OP did this many times. I think my car lived on a dirt road perhaps.

My rain sensor does not work either. I just get constant wiping when sensor is engaged. You think the scratches could cause the rain sensor to act up?

Maybe somebody came in the middle of the night and hit my windshield with a hammer?

Jk

Or am I..
    That can be buffed off with Cerium Oxide, a Porter Cable 7424 or other D/A polisher and a Lake Country white pad. No replacement necessary. Another option is Bon Ami cleaning powder- original formula ONLY, IIRC. Google it.

Also I recall many BMW owners being unhappy with Safelite, so I'd stay away.
    - Derek

If you can find a reputable shop to replace the windshield (not Safelite) and they will use OEM glass, then I say do it. Derek also posted another alternative (see above post) if your glass is not pitted way too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    If you can find a reputable shop to replace the windshield (not Safelite) and they will use OEM glass, then I say do it. Derek also posted another alternative (see above post) if your glass is not pitted way too bad.
    My thinking is this: If the OEM glass chips easily then shouldn't we get something else? Dunno..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast