Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question steering wheel comparison question

First newbie question. Did a search and I guess no one is wondering the same thing, haha. I am wondering if anyone knows what the difference in thickness is of the Alcantara wheel and the perforated leather wheel. Guy I know at the dealer is trying to tell me the perforated wheel is closer to a stock 3 series wheel in thickness (which isn't very thick in my mind).
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT. Built 11-19-04. Bought 4-2012.
    Stock: Nav, leather, PDC, Xenon
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

I don't think the guy at the dealer is correct. I used to have a normal ZSP wheel and considered doing the perf wheel but it was too much money and went with leather. My memory leads me to believe that it is closer, if not the same, diameter as the alcantara and leather M/ZHP wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by bimmeryota View Post
    I don't think the guy at the dealer is correct. I used to have a normal ZSP wheel and considered doing the perf wheel but it was too much money and went with leather. My memory leads me to believe that it is closer, if not the same, diameter as the alcantara and leather M/ZHP wheels.
    Im thinking that too. and I have been spending time (too much maybe) in the show interior thread comparing the wheels and they look the same to me. Just wanted to confirm from someone with first hand experience before I order the perf leather wheel.
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

perf leather is roughly same dimensions as regular leather and alcantara. difference is miniscule, if any.
    --Wes--

04 330i ZHP Oxford Green/Natural Brown
    04 330Ci ZHP Silvergrey/Alcantara (RIP)

They are all M wheels so they are the same thickness...
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

My perforated wheel doesn't seem any thicker than the other versions

nike001 Guest
    When I was getting my re-wrap from Coby he told me that he had a leather wheel from and M3 and that it would bit a bit thicker.. and asked if I wanted him to wrap that one or just another zhp core.

I went with the core. But I feel like Terra's OEM alcantara wheel is thicker than mine..

I feel the M3 leather might be a tad bit thicker than the Alcantara wheel, and the perforated may be around the of the Alcantara wheel, not sure though. The perforated is certainly thicker than the sport 3 series thin wheel, yuck.
    - Derek

In case anyone is wondering, a new ZHP perf leather wheel is around 900 dollars.

i have an ZCP alcantara wheel and M3 leather wheel at home, can measure them if i can track down a flexible tape.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast