A few months ago I began my search for a new set of tires. I was rolling around on the old snow tires that came with the car when I bought it. I could have made it one last winter with them but one developed a slow leak forcing me to go tire shopping.

I searched for weeks trying to find the perfect all season tire to throw on my stock 325i wheels. I wanted something that could be used year round, had little road noise, exceptional grip and handled well in the snow... All at a non wallet busting price.

I went on searching and thought I finally found what I wanted with the Continental Conti DWS tires. From the reviews they handled great, and had all the features I had been searching for.

However just as I was about to bite the bullet and snag a full set I learned of some of the horror stories of previous owners. Most of which had to do with the tires being made of soft rubber and people experiencing blow outs or bubble from hitting pot holes and having to replace the tire.

So that sent be back to the search. Around that time I remembered reading an article in a magazine a few years ago about the new lines from General tires that had just come out. The magazine went out and tried the tires on a number of different cars tackling a number of different tests and pitted them against similar competitors. Needless to say they surprisingly out performed all the competitors in almost every category, and this was from a budget tire company (who is owned by a bigger tire company that shares tech with them).

I went on a search for General tires and discovered that the Gmax (the tires they tested) had great reviews from real world people just about everywhere I looked. Feeling confident, I called up the local tire shop and ordered a set.

A few days later they were installed and I was on my way. My first impression was "man are they quiet". At first they seemed a little bouncy but after a few days of driving they settled and gave me a very comfortable ride. After a short while of getting used to them I took some sharp turns at high speeds and felt total confidence that they would hold and could be pushed even harder if I so chose.

A month into owning them I took them on a road trip and put several hundred miles on them in one day. The whole time I was completely pleased with how quiet they were, how great the gas millage was and how comfortable the ride was.

It's been about 2 months now of owning them and I must say I am impressed at what this budget tire can do. I have yet to test it in the snow but from the reviews that I have read they all stated that in light to moderate snow people had no issues getting around.

So if you are in the market for a daily use tire that will give you comfort and safety and allow you to do some spirited driving in both wet and dry conditions year round when your feeling spunky, check out the General Gmax AS03 tires.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....el=G-Max+AS-03