Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    More than welcome.

I'm on my second set of them. I would recommend them to anyone. I'm currently running 235/35-R19 on the front and 255/30-R19 on the rear. Next to no road noise and great performance. The tread life is pretty good, too. Price vs performance? Definitely worth every penny.
    19" VMR VB3 CSL reps w/ General G-Max 3 A/S, BMW Performance short throw shifter, CDV delete, M54B30 swap, and a redneck CAI.

Quote Originally Posted by spoonerDee View Post
    More than welcome.
    Thanks again for all the info.
    One more question: Can you check country of origin on your Gmax tires? I think earlier batches were German made, but then they vanished and were made in other countries and I saw a post on some other forum that the quality was not as good... ?? probably not correct, but just curious.
    Oh and where did you get them from? Tire Rack?
    2005 AW ZHP Coupe. CW, Alcantara, Leather st. wheel, HK, Xenons, Step, Dinan chip & air box, USASpec, Sprint Booster

Mine state Made in U.S.A.

I ordered them through a local garage. Would have used tirerack, but at the time my mechanic wasn't set up with them, and the local place wouldn't install them unless they bought them. Now my mechanic works with tirerack, so when I need another set (or any tires) I'll most likely do that.

General Gmax AS03 Tires.

Per some people on various tire forums Gmax tires made anywhere other than in Germany have lesser quality - just what I read online, may or may not be true; I do remember very early on TR when Gmax was first available country of origin was always Germany...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2005 AW ZHP Coupe. CW, Alcantara, Leather st. wheel, HK, Xenons, Step, Dinan chip & air box, USASpec, Sprint Booster

Quote Originally Posted by Washburn View Post
    Thanks again for all the info.
    One more question: Can you check country of origin on your Gmax tires? I think earlier batches were German made, but then they vanished and were made in other countries and I saw a post on some other forum that the quality was not as good... ?? probably not correct, but just curious.
    Oh and where did you get them from? Tire Rack?
    I believe mine say made in France......but I will double check tonight.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    2005 IR ZHP Alcantara 6MT l Bimmian phone mount l Khoalty Angel Eye's l Khoalty Fog's l AFE Stage 1 Intake l AFE Dynamic Air Scoop's l CDV Delete
    Besian Sealed VANOS l Flat black Kidney Grills l Magnaflow Cat-Back

Welp, mine are from muricah! and are fantastic. I wouldn't be surprised if people are just touting crap for the sake of touting crap.

General Gmax AS03 Tires.

I also sincerely hope that's what they're doing, and that they have the same quality regardless of country of origin.
    The one thing that bothered me was how they first appeared on TR German made, then vanished for a few weeks, and was again available with other countries of origin with a lowered price

I am still pretty certain that this will be my next tire though.
    It seems to offer a lot of the DWS performance if not the same, for a lesser price .,,

Quote Originally Posted by Washburn View Post
    I also sincerely hope that's what they're doing, and that they have the same quality regardless of country of origin.
    The one thing that bothered me was how they first appeared on TR German made, then vanished for a few weeks, and was again available with other countries of origin with a lowered price

I am still pretty certain that this will be my next tire though.
    It seems to offer a lot of the DWS performance if not the same, for a lesser price .,,

When did they disappear and reappear?

Oh quite a while ago- I don't remember exact time, but it was when they first appeared on TR as a new tire.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast