Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    #iseewhatyoudidthere
    Hehe... Yeah. I did it.

Just playing.

Kinda.

Sent from Williamsburg, VA USA
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    This absolutely can't be true.

They're not Michelin PSS's.

Hehe
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Hehe... Yeah. I did it.

Just playing.

Kinda.

Yeah im way to tired to get any jokes atm lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    2005 IR ZHP Alcantara 6MT l Bimmian phone mount l Khoalty Angel Eye's l Khoalty Fog's l AFE Stage 1 Intake l AFE Dynamic Air Scoop's l CDV Delete
    Besian Sealed VANOS l Flat black Kidney Grills l Magnaflow Cat-Back

This absolutely can't be true.

They're not Michelin PSS's.

Coming from the guy running "BRICKstones"....

Yokohama S-Drive FTMFW!

Sidenote- Devlin, glad you made it up to the dirty Jerz safe...
    2011 E90 Lemans Blue/Bamboo Beige M3- Harrop Supercharged IG: lmb_zcp
    2013 F25 Alpine White/Chestnut X3 35i- Family Hauler
    2006 R53 British Racing Green/Panther Black Mini Cooper S FOR SALE! DM for details!
    Past: 2010 X5M, 2014 328d, 2003 330i ZHP, 2004 330i ZHP, 2012 X3 35i
    WTB!! 2009-2012 E91 328i Touring Contact me with info!

Quote Originally Posted by JupiterBMW View Post
    Coming from the guy running "BRICKstones"....

Yokohama S-Drive FTMFW!

Sidenote- Devlin, glad you made it up to the dirty Jerz safe...
    Hehe... You jabbin me about the parts that keep our car glued to the ground?

Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I just got done putting a set of federals on my car (all I had the cash for at the time)...pretty unhappy with the road noise I've been getting with anything over 40mph...next set will either be these or a set of kumhos...keep us updated on the treadwear and how they do in the snow. Im hoping these federals last for at least a year or so though.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

'01 330i

Hehe... You jabbin me about the parts that keep our car glued to the ground?

Ahhh, ZING!!! Credit where credit is due...
    2011 E90 Lemans Blue/Bamboo Beige M3- Harrop Supercharged IG: lmb_zcp
    2013 F25 Alpine White/Chestnut X3 35i- Family Hauler
    2006 R53 British Racing Green/Panther Black Mini Cooper S FOR SALE! DM for details!
    Past: 2010 X5M, 2014 328d, 2003 330i ZHP, 2004 330i ZHP, 2012 X3 35i
    WTB!! 2009-2012 E91 328i Touring Contact me with info!

Quote Originally Posted by JupiterBMW View Post
    Ahhh, ZING!!! Credit where credit is due...
    #hugs

Okay it has been about 9 months on the tires (General Gmax AS03) and have experienced all 4 seasons with them.

Spring, summer and fall the tires do not disappoint. Phenomenal grip, nice quiet ride. not bumpy soft nor super stiff, just right.

Winter with ice and snow. These are all season tires, so obviously winter tires are the best bet, but it's not always an option for everyone. So how do they perform?

Loose fresh snow: great, very little if any slippage unless I get on the throttle. I drive cautiously so keeping control at all times is very easy and they feel grippy.

Hard packed snow: Decent grip, enough to feel confident that you can maintain a decent speed (say 25-35mph) and not worry about the car drifting off course do to uneven or slanted roads or bumps.

Packed snow with ice, getting over a bump: I think we all have been there. Your car is parked, its dry under your car but behind you is a few inches of snow and ice leaving you to back out, climbing up and over an incline of ice and snow. Obviously if your pulling out forward you have several feet of dry ground to get a running start, but if you can only back out it's not so easy. So the tires with the help of DSC fared pretty well. Again if they were snow tires it would have been easier, but for an all season it wasn't bad.

All in all with all the winter conditions I have faced with it I have yet to get stuck anywhere nor feel like I am going to lose control.

So how would I rate these tires.

Spring through fall they get a solid 9 out of 10. I base this on ride comfort, grip road noise and cost of the tire. For a budget "high performance" all season tire, they do not disappoint.

Winter they deserve a 7 out of 10. They are not designed as a snow tire so they don't grip and perform like one. But as an all season they perform within the margins or just above with what I would consider a safe travel tire when faced with winter elements.

So after 9 months would I still recommend them? Absolutely. Are they worth the cost? With out a doubt, heck I think they are worth more than what they cost. Can you keep them on and use them year round? Yes, but if you have the means I would still highly recommend snow tires, however if it's not possible, they perform well enough to get you home provided you don't drive like an idiot.

Great review. I have about 2 months and probably 4k miles on mine so far and I love them as well.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    2005 IR ZHP Alcantara 6MT l Bimmian phone mount l Khoalty Angel Eye's l Khoalty Fog's l AFE Stage 1 Intake l AFE Dynamic Air Scoop's l CDV Delete
    Besian Sealed VANOS l Flat black Kidney Grills l Magnaflow Cat-Back

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast