Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Nice review.

I like General tires. Have them on my truck and they do everything well. I really only have one thing against these Gmaxes. They are quite directional. This means that if you want to rotate sideways then you have to have them unmounted and turned around. Asymetrical and directional are worse though. Can't do a thing with those. That's the way my current Bridgestones are and the PO screwed up and put two lefts on the front.

That sucks. My ZHP has two left feet.
    Last edited by Dave1027; 01-29-2013 at 08:43 PM.

Ha! Yeah.....we typically only rotate fronts to rears and vice versa.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

True they are directional so rotating is only front to back (or vice versa), unless you have staggered wheels. I don't (for now) so when the time comes it won't be such a big deal.

I should note the only thing I can't comment on now is tread life. I drive my car about 3,000-4,000 miles a year if I'm lucky and thus far in the 9 months I've had them I have only put about 2,500. So theoretically these will last me forever

A little touch back on my "long term" experience with these tires. I actually did a lot of winter driving this year ( I no longer walk to work) so I had some more ice and snow time with them.

How'd they do? Really well for an all season tire. I currently live on top of a long steep driveway and when it snows it can be almost impossible to get up unless you have 4wd/awd. I managed to make it up this driveway on many occasions, a few times stuck halfway then eventually would get some grip and get me going.

Driving about on plowed (but still covered) as well as non plowed roads they performed very well. So long as you don't drive like an idiot. I only experienced one time where I almost lost control, but that was due to an idiot in a pickup truck flying around a turn in my lane forcing me to swerve out the way. My rear slid out a little but I was able to easily regain control.

So I still stand by my recommendation on these tires, they have yet to disappoint me.

Thanks for the review - I am also very interested in these tires
    Any feedback on dry / Sumer driving and handing on normal dd driving situations ?
    How do they compare to DWS? Are the side walls stiffer ?
    Any flat spotting when parked overnight ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2005 AW ZHP Coupe. CW, Alcantara, Leather st. wheel, HK, Xenons, Step, Dinan chip & air box, USASpec, Sprint Booster

Thanks for getting back Spooner.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I had these tires on my e90 330i. For the price, you can't beat em. My buddy has the car now and there is still ample tread left after about a year of them being on. I know he puts her through hell too

| 2004 ZHP | Coupe | SilverGrey on Grey | AFE Stage1 proDry | Shark Injector | CDV Delete | TMS Pulley Kit | UUC Trans Mount Enforcer Kit | JOM BlueLine Coilovers | 12mm Spacers Rear | BMW Gloss Kidneys | Front EuroPlate | OEM Aux
    | Bimmian Phone Mount |

Yes, tell us more, how is road noise 2 years later? much feathering?
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Washburn View Post
    Thanks for the review - I am also very interested in these tires
    Any feedback on dry / Sumer driving and handing on normal dd driving situations ?
    How do they compare to DWS? Are the side walls stiffer ?
    Any flat spotting when parked overnight ?

I've yet to find any issues like flat spots or the sidewalls being to soft/stiff. I've often left my car sit for days then get in and go with out any feelings of anything being off.

As for dry performance, Fantastic! I take fairly sharp turns at 50 or higher and not even a chirp. They just dig in and hold the road. Daily driving couldn't be more comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Thanks for getting back Spooner.

Quote Originally Posted by Oli77 View Post
    Yes, tell us more, how is road noise 2 years later? much feathering?
    Road noise is (to me) non exsistant. Windows up or down I can't hear anything or if I do its nothing that would bother me or that I could point out. I've done long road trips from CT to VA and to ME and have always enjoyed the ride. Heck my wife even falls asleep in the car.

Can't say I noticed any feathering or wear on them. To me they still look fairly new but again I'm still driving less than 10k miles a year.

Thanks Spooner.
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast