Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Need new pads

I just did my brakes and went with BavAuto's. I cannot paste a direct link, but the PN is "UBK E464FR" The Upgrade kit includes Ultimate brake rotors, stainless steel brake lines, Cool Carbon S/T pads, brass caliper bushings, sensor wires, ATE Super brake fluid, Sta-Lube caliper grease, Noise Free anti-squeal compound and hold-down bolts for $900. I've only put 1000 miles on the set up, and have no complaints. I threw on MGP caliper covers just to complete the look...(need to update my sig)
    TSE3 Exhaust,Strut Barbarian,EVO3/DSSR,Trans. Mounts,BavAuto Perf. Coils,Black Kidneys,Sharked,Aux Input,12V pwr adapter,Silver Cube,Zeckhausen CDV,AFE Pro DRY S,A22 eyebrows/reflectors,Xenesis TruMatch,Solaris Invisibulbs,KUHMO Ecsta 4X,18" ASA AR5,Carbon/Black Emblems,De-Badged
    Vinyl smoked head/taillights,LED smoked sidemarkers,Sirius/dash bracket,3M 35% front-20% rear,MY2005/01

If I were to clean off the rotor surface with brake cleaner, could I re-do the bedding procedure? I did one but wasn't as detailed as the ones posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -Chris-

2003 ZHP Sedan - Jet Black on Sand - SOLD

Your brake noise problems are probably related to your uneven wear problems that you initially noted. The uneven wear is likely caused by a slightly binding caliper guide pins. When you replaced the pads the did you completely clean up the caliper, including cleaning up and re-lubing the guide pins and moving/mating surfaces? If you haven't, I would start here. As for re-mating the surface, a couple of passes with a flat file across the pads should do the job.

Ro
    05 BMW 330ci M-performance
    73 BMW R90s (cafe'd)
    70 VW Karmann Ghia (wip)

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough - Mario Andretti -

Roger thank you sir. Ill do tjat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -Chris-

2003 ZHP Sedan - Jet Black on Sand - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by AzkotikBMW View Post
    Yea, they are great! I would definitely recommend them to anyone that's looking for new pads!
    +1 Performance Friction Z are great. Seemingly equal or better performance than the OEM pads stopping wise, with less dust (if you don't beat it), less smell, and better modulation.
    - Derek

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456