Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Alas, after after nine months of toil and hand wringing, I successfully diagnosed and fixed the issue with my Penelope that has so haunted me. As you can read from earlier in the post, I tried about everything I could think of to cure my warm start up issues. Spark Plugs, CCV, hoses, intake boots, icv clean, MAF clean, DISA, throttle body, fuel pump, fuel filter, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc. Other than this very annoying but fairly benign issue, my car ran exceptionally well and was perfect. After a while I sort of suspected a gas delivery issue but was loath to pull the fuel rail. I manned up today, with the help of Dane's threads, and pulled the fuel rail. I kept the injectors attached and charged the system and wha la, there it is...one leaking fuel injector. I was so excited that I lost my mind and bought the new injector from the stealership. Those bastards charged me $175 for one injector. My ass still hurts from that one. However, raced home and installed the new injector and now, my gentle readers, all is right in the world! I can't tell you all how happy I am.

^Great news and nice job!

This will be a very valuable thread for a lot of us down the road, I suspect.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

This issue really was an albatross around my neck. Interestingly, I don't think I would have figured out that it was a leaky fuel injector until I did all of the vacuum leak fixes. In my opinion, the symptoms are very close to vacuum leak issues so only after intake boots icv etc did I start thinking about fuel delivery. Not a lot out there on this but Dane found some really good threads that finally brought this home for me.

Great info!! So you pulled the Fuel Rail and just used the Schraeder Valve to charge the rail and watch for leaking or is that only a one way valve?
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

I had injector #6 on my E34 that was leaking. Some new o-rings made it like new again. The parts were like $20 for my E34 so if you can do something similar, I'd say it's worth a try.

The O Rings on all the injectors were fine. What I did was took the electric box off the injectors then released all the fuel pressure via the schrader valve. I pulled the fuel injectors out but kept the the fuel line attached and the injectors attached to the rail. Then I put paper towels under each injector and charged the fuel system by turning the key to position one. I waited about 5 minutes and checked the paper towels. I discovered that the injector closest to the firewall was dripping gas. Replaced that bastard and it was fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by echo46 View Post
    The O Rings on all the injectors were fine. What I did was took the electric box off the injectors then released all the fuel pressure via the schrader valve. I pulled the fuel injectors out but kept the the fuel line attached and the injectors attached to the rail. Then I put paper towels under each injector and charged the fuel system by turning the key to position one. I waited about 5 minutes and checked the paper towels. I discovered that the injector closest to the firewall was dripping gas. Replaced that bastard and it was fixed.
    Win. My Hero.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koJlI...e_gdata_player

Sent from SIGFest 2012, via TTv1.5.4
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Okay this sounds like a good test! I'll do this during the coming summer.

I'm on the moon.
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

Hornung, are you having the same issues as I was having? First check if the o rings are leaking by spraying carb cleaner around the fuel rail and each injector, before you pull the whole rail. Do this on the first start with a cold engine. If the o rings are leaking you will hear the engine idle bouncing around.

I'll be swapping injectors for 24#/hr. I just want to test my injectors.

I'm on the moon.
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast